When to Submit Primary???? Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineedhelp85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. So i took the mcats last year and got a 25 (3.67 gpa). This year im retaking it on august 9th, and im done with my primary application, but havent submitted it yet. If i do submit it now, will they not send me secondaries since i have a low mcat score??(it might be a stupid question but i have to make sure)
Also, if i submit it tomorrow and get secondaries in couple of weeks, i cant submit my secondaries till september bcs my committee letter wont be completed till they receive the mcat score, so i cant send out my LORs and my concern is if this would be too late bcs if i send em in mid september most of the schools im applying to have deadlines in november and december but from what ive read on SDN it seems as if its almost better to apply for the next cycle rather than submit it in mid sepember or early october lol. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Someone pls help!!! thankx

Hi doll/dude,
I would recommend:

Submit your AMCAS as soon as you can. You'll get secondaries and your file will be ready but on hold till your new MCAT.
And reccs are due by Dec, so don't worry. I think schools start deciding as soon as they get something. At least you will be in their mind.

You're as worried as I am, so prep early by doing the above.

Cheers!:luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Go ahead and submit your AMCAS. Most schools don't screen their applicants so you'll still get secondaries with your current MCAT score.

Why do people take August MCATs? Doesn't everyone know by now that you probably cut your chances in half by doing that? If you're reapplying, you really should know better. Frankly, I would say wait a year and get your act together sooner. If your MCAT doesn't improve significantly, you'll want to milk every advantage you can get.