when to take a prep class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuro1617

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long before your MCAT test date would be the best to take a prep class? Say for a June date, would you take a class Apr-June so the material is fresh from class? Or maybe Feb-Apr so you can learn the material well and then study on your own?

Members don't see this ad.

I can see either working for someone. Just make sure you have access to the practice material up until you take the test. You do not want to be left without it because that's the main reason to sign up for a class. Well, unless you get a really good teacher.

I can see either working for someone. Just make sure you have access to the practice material up until you take the test. You do not want to be left without it because that's the main reason to sign up for a class. Well, unless you get a really good teacher.

Thanks. Do classes give you practice access after they're over?

I believe so. I think my Kaplan course continued access a month past when the class ended. I remember my class started around June and when I took the test in September I still had access. This might have something to do with me telling them when I planned to take the test. Kaplan would adjust your course schedule depending on your test date, but I'm not sure how far past the regular 3 month cut-off you can go. To make sure, just give them a quick call.