When to Take COMLEX Level II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Molly Maquire

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

I am signed up to take COMLEX Level II on August 24-25, but now I am having second thoughts. If I postpone until January, I don't suppose there is any way Osteopathic programs will see my scores (I did over 90 on Level I).

But if I take the August test and apply to osteopathic residencies before the grades come out, will the programs see the results? In other words, will the osteopathic programs I apply to be automatically notified of my Level II results when they become available, or do I have the choice not to release them until after the osteopathic rank lists are due (I believe that is in late January).

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you take the test in Jan osteo match will be over by the time the COMLEX scores are reported. You may wish to check with your school to varify this.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello everyone,
I am taking my COMLEX II in a month. I used COMBANK for all COMATs and passed all of them but now I am just doing U World (first pass) especially the medicine, peds section which I have been told are pretty extensively tested upon. I'll hit OB/Gy and Psych for another week from UWorld and by then I shud be done with 50% UW. I am making quizlets on concepts i am weak at. I am not doing anything else. I will finish all OMM questions from COMBANK few days before the exam. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you all

hello everyone,
I am taking my COMLEX II in a month. I used COMBANK for all COMATs and passed all of them but now I am just doing U World (first pass) especially the medicine, peds section which I have been told are pretty extensively tested upon. I'll hit OB/Gy and Psych for another week from UWorld and by then I shud be done with 50% UW. I am making quizlets on concepts i am weak at. I am not doing anything else. I will finish all OMM questions from COMBANK few days before the exam. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you all

I didn't feel that the OMM questions on COMBANK were very reflective of the OMM questions on the COMLEX 2, so I would recommend doing a run through the green book.

I didn't feel that the OMM questions on COMBANK were very reflective of the OMM questions on the COMLEX 2, so I would recommend doing a run through the green book.
Thanks a lot. Appreciate your input. Did you see a lot of Chapman points, Cord levels type of questions or more cranial, muscle energy etc

Don't just go by Savarese. I had questions about Still technique, which it doesn't cover. I'm not saying to bust out DiGiovanna, but...

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks a lot. Appreciate your input. Did you see a lot of Chapman points, Cord levels type of questions or more cranial, muscle energy etc

Honestly, all i really remember is that I spent a couple hours on ankle movement (like what exactly is pronation/supination) and then had like 5 questions on it so I was stoked. I don't recall any chapmans points. Sorry, I've mostly blocked it all out.