sokkerpunk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2005
Status
Greetings all.

I am finally preparing to apply for Dental School for the 06 cycle. My first choice is MGC (Medical College of GA). I have to take the DAT no later than the 30th of September of this year. I would like to be able to take it at least twice. So, keeping in mind that 3 months must pass between tests, when should I take it the first time? Maybe mid-June? That should give 3 months to pass before the end of September for my retake. Unless of course I blow it up on the first try :) The only reason I am pushing it off is that I am currently taking Orgo II this semester.....which doesnt leave a lot of time for DAT prep.

My other question is what the other SDN'ers have to say about my stats. I am a non-traditional student, 33 years of age, with a BA from 1993. I was an officer in the military and have been in software development for the last decade. Currently, I am doing Bioinformatics development so at least it is in a health related field. I have a 3.1 overall and a 3.8 science. By this coming June I will have 40+ hrs of shadowing completed.

Thanks in advance and the best of luck to all.

Blaine

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Blaine,

Take it as early as possible when you are ready. So, if you are ready in May, then take it in May. It's nice to get it out of the way. Further, you shouldn't go in with the mindset that you're going to get to take it again. That *may* be setting yourself up for a less than ideal score.

Plan on taking it once and doing well. Prepare yourself for success.