1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

when to take new style MCAT?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Saradoc, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Saradoc

Saradoc Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi,
    for those who have applied before or are better at searching the internet than i am, when is the earliest that we can submit the amcas? I've read that the new mcat will only take 30 days to grade, so when are most people going to take this? Is there a reason to take it in april or will may tests put us at the same advantage?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The new MCAT will not affect when you can submit AMCAS. It's in your best interest to take it as early as you feel ready. But you're right, taking it in May and having a 30 day turnaround would be the same as those of us who took paper and pencil in April 06.

4. Saradoc

Saradoc Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    thanks, i was pretty sure the mcat wouldnt affect the amcas but still not sure when the usual amcas start date is, around the middle of june?

5. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes, it's usually within the first week of June.