njdmb820

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
hi everyone,

quick question for those who have already interviewed (and hopefully matched!)...when did you find that you had the majority of your interviews? i'm trying to plan my 4th year schedule and want to take time off at the right time. do people still have interviews in late january?

thanks

Hassler

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hi everyone,

quick question for those who have already interviewed (and hopefully matched!)...when did you find that you had the majority of your interviews? i'm trying to plan my 4th year schedule and want to take time off at the right time. do people still have interviews in late january?

thanks
December and January are the busiest months, followed by November. Note that most programs don't interview the last 2 weeks of December because of holidays.

ResidentMD

7+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2009
Status
December and January are the busiest months, followed by November. Note that most programs don't interview the last 2 weeks of December because of holidays.
Agreed. Also if you are a candidate with a borderline application, then slots open up in programs as candidates cancel their interviews in mid-late January. So if you really want to interview at a program, but you didnt get an interview initially and you were on hold, a slot may open up for you at that time.

A reasonable number of programs interviewed in the first week of February. Not too many, but a reasonable number; more than I expected.