When to take PCAT for 2nd year in college?

diablonecros

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi, I am a current 2nd year student at UCSD doing pre-pharm. When do students usually take their PCATs? By the end of my 2nd year, I will have completed gen bio, gen chem, ochem series, genetics, calc (up to multivariable), physics (mechanics, E&M, and light/optics). Is this sufficient material to take the PCAT? Should I take courses like metabolic/structural biochem, mol bio, cell bio, etc to better prepare myself? Thank you!

kcwang

Apr 28, 2010
      Hi, I am a current 2nd year student at UCSD doing pre-pharm. When do students usually take their PCATs? By the end of my 2nd year, I will have completed gen bio, gen chem, ochem series, genetics, calc (up to multivariable), physics (mechanics, E&M, and light/optics). Is this sufficient material to take the PCAT? Should I take courses like metabolic/structural biochem, mol bio, cell bio, etc to better prepare myself? Thank you!

You can take it whenever. Just know that there is a shelf life on your pcat score (i think its 3 yrs) You should purchase the practice tests off pearson to evaluate yourself and decide if you are ready. Personally, I think PCAT is more of a test taking skill exam. I recommend taking it a year before when you apply for pharmacy school.

Also, keep in mind that California schools do not require PCAT.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.