When to take the DAT before thanksgiving or after thanksgiving?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouthcracker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am planning to take the DAT on nov 22nd/23rd, but not sure if the school will process my score before thanksgiving.

Would I be better of taking it on Moday after the thanksgiving so I can spend a bit more time (4 more days) on dat?

Since I am in quarter system school ( 10 weeks/ quarter)and taking 20+ credits this fall, it is really hard for me to study during the week days.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I would take it before. That way you can be done and enjoy the holiday. A few days won't make that much difference.

if you are set on taking it thanksgiving, i'd suggest before.

if you're not ready, 3-4 days isn't going to help anything.

plus, it's thanksgiving, how depressing to be studying for the DAT while everyone is partying.

when you're finished, you can be "thankful" you're done :laugh: (i'm so clever)

Members don't see this ad :)
Take it whenever u are ready, if u need more time to study, then take it after thanksgiving~

Take it after. Preferably, take in in April. It's too late now anyway. Might as well relax til then.

If you think waiting till after thanksgiving might be a distraction (due to all the festivities), might as well take it before and enjoy the holidays. This is if you really have to take it this year. If not i would just wait till next year.

if you are applying this cycle, i recommend taking the DAT two months ago.
if you are applying next cycle, take it whenever you are 100% prepared.