When To Take The DAT To Still Be Considered "Early"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Double Bonded

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(there are similar threads about this but I can't seem to find anything definitive)

So I was planning on taking the DAT in mid-June but I just found out today that I'll have some obligations that I need to deal with and they will throw me off my study schedule for approximately 1 week.

I'm thinking about rescheduling/postponing my DAT for 1 week but that would mean that I would be taking the it at the end of June (like the last week of June). Also, I'm going to be submitting my AADSAS application in the first week of June.

I want to maximize my chance of getting an acceptance and I understand that applying early is key. I also want to take the DAT once and do well on it....so risking being under-prepared is not an option.

From what I've been told, it's going to take 2-4 weeks for AADSAS to officially update my DAT scores on my application and that the first batch of applications goes out in mid-July (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

If I take the DAT at the end of June, will I still be in the first batch to be sent?
Will I still be considered "early"?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. 2 wks doesn't make a difference

I took mine June 30th...submitted apps July 7th...they got sent out July 30th...so end of june is just fine

(there are similar threads about this but I can't seem to find anything definitive)

So I was planning on taking the DAT in mid-June but I just found out today that I'll have some obligations that I need to deal with and they will throw me off my study schedule for approximately 1 week.

I'm thinking about rescheduling/postponing my DAT for 1 week but that would mean that I would be taking the it at the end of June (like the last week of June). Also, I'm going to be submitting my AADSAS application in the first week of June.

I want to maximize my chance of getting an acceptance and I understand that applying early is key. I also want to take the DAT once and do well on it....so risking being under-prepared is not an option.

From what I've been told, it's going to take 2-4 weeks for AADSAS to officially update my DAT scores on my application and that the first batch of applications goes out in mid-July (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

If I take the DAT at the end of June, will I still be in the first batch to be sent?
Will I still be considered "early"?