When will future pathologists take USMLE IIs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mindy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, i'm stuck taking them on NEW YEARS EVE!!!!

I am using Boards and Wards and Q-bank (at least for now!)

What are y'all doing about the u-smile?

Mindy

Members don't see this ad.

i'm taking step 2 dec. 30 and all i can say is studying really sucks. mostly doing nms and qbook questions. good luck, i know your pain!!

hey, does anyone know when path people usually take step 3?? can't wait to start path :clap:

hennypenny ;)

I took Step II in July. Used some blueprints, but mainly did questions--nms, qbank, and a bunch of other questions--it seemed to work for me---I was pretty happy w/my score. All in all I thought it was easier than Step I.

Good luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
New Years Eve, yikes! I'm using Q-bank and NMS for questions mostly Blueprints for studying, and First Aid for reviewing.

As far as Step 3 goes, the smart thing to do is take it as soon as you can. There was even one resident in the path program at my school who registered for it in a different state so he could take in 6 months into his first year, rather than waiting for a full year as our state regulations require. However, the majority of path residents I talked to didn't take it until 3rd or even 4th year, just due to the heavy demands on time in the first 2 years... and procrastination, of course ;) None of them had a problem passing, though; their recommendation was to use Swanson's Family Practice Review (and to take it WAY before 4th year comes around!).

For those of you yet to take Step 2, have any PDs asked about it, or given you any indication that they would have preferred to have scores before the interview? Also, I'm assuming most of you are choosing to look at your scores before you release them... but please correct me if I'm wrong!