when will i hear from downstate??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedAppGurl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at downstate around 12.4.03 - and haven't heard from them yet. has anyone who interviewed there around that time heard??

Members don't see this ad.

hey ischemia,
i didnt get your PM , could you try again?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
PM me too? I interviewed a couple days later

Hey I interviewed there around the same time and I am curious too. Can someone reply? (I do not know how to check PM's) Thanks!

go to control panel under guest options at the top of the screen to see PMs

I interviewed there recently on 12/29 - the guy who gave the orientation said we should expect to wait about 10 weeks...damn that's long.

I interviewed the first week of December and the guy said 4-6 weeks. It's been 5 weeks now. Has it changed?? Or does 10 weeks only apply to those who interviewed after the holidays?
Thanks!

For the holiday season, I think you have to figure that the last two weeks of december aren't going to count with the myriad of holidays that fall in there.

my app has been complete for more than a month (i know i am late, dont remind me)
how long is reasonable to hear back for an interview?

Originally posted by Chrisobean
my app has been complete for more than a month (i know i am late, dont remind me)
how long is reasonable to hear back for an interview?

Not sure about what other folks have experienced, but I think that a month is reasonable. I've been complete since late November/early December, and I got a response on the 31st.

As far as a post-interview responses are concerned, I've had friends in the past who have interviewed in February and gotten responses within three weeks. I guess it varies with application cycle and size of the applicant pool.

From my experience, the response comes about 5 weeks after the interview, but the holiday season may delay the responses... good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
well i dont have to worry anymore, since it took them a month to send a nice fat REJECTION!

Originally posted by Chrisobean
well i dont have to worry anymore, since it took them a month to send a nice fat REJECTION!

When did you hear back chriso? I was interviewed early Dec and I haven't heard anything yet.

got my letter on friday... didnt even get the chance to interview.

so feel better.. it must take alot longer for them to decide if they want you than for them to decide that they dont want you.

I interviewed Dec.4th.... has anyone heard anything yet??????

I interviewed 12/30 and the guy told us around 8 weeks too! I guess cuz of the holidays. He said it was possible to hear in less than 4 but don't bank on it.

b

I submitted the secondary early/mid Dec. and within a couple of weeks I got a request for more info (which I took to be a good sign). Since then, nothing.

I guess no news is good news.

i interviewed about 3 weeks ago and called yesterday. the lady said to expect to wait six to ten weeks for a decision.

i emailed them last week - they replied saying that they were swamped and behind due to a variety of reasons, holiday etc.
they said that interviewers from early dec. should be hearing in the next week or so. it gives me slight hope - good luck all!

I got the acceptance letter today.:D

seems like 6-8 weeks.

interviewed 12/30, got acceptance today 2/18. :)

Originally posted by missbonnie
seems like 6-8 weeks.

interviewed 12/30, got acceptance today 2/18. :)

Thanks downhill and docjolly. I was interviewed wayyyy back in early december. It also took about 8weeks for me.

i interviewed also around 12.4 and i heard back from them about 5 weeks later. good luck.