when will i hear from them...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-money

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so..i've been completed since 11/04..
when do u think i'll hear from my 12 schools...one already gave me post-secondary rejection..

Members don't see this ad.

11/4?? This month?!? You have to be kidding if you expect anything in the next 3 months!! Many of us have been complete for WAY longer and haven't heard anything. You are in for a bumpy ride if you are serious. Please tell me you're kidding!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There's no telling. I know people who've received responses only two weeks after being completed. I was complete back in mid September. I got two rejections within the week, another rejection two weeks later and four interviews the past week and a half. I'm still waiting to heard from 12 other schools.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess im just a little anxious..nervous...
i need to stop reading all these interview posts..
it's making me more nervous..

I agree pre-money. I am nervous too. I read some of the Boston U reviews and now I'm scared as hell!! Good luck and keep us posted.

still nothing...complete since 11/04...
man..i know some of you guys out htere havebeen waiting for a long time..but..man..i haven't heard anything yet...nothign..

You may have awhile left to wait and sweat it out. Remember schools interview well into the spring, however it gets more scarce as time goes on.

Good luck, sorry I wish I had better news, but this is a waiting game and you got a bit of a late start. Just make sure the schools that have your secondaries have 100% everything and you have a complete application.

Hi Pre-money,

Listen, don't freak out yet. You have only been complete for about a month! I'd start worrying if you havn't heard anything in LATE FEBRUARY or MARCH! give schools at least 3 months after completion.... trust me... I've been complete in most schools since August and havn't heard back from 8 of them!!!!

So don't worry..... since you completed later you'll hear back later.... many people who have interviews/rejections/acceptances now were complete in the summer.

Good Luck to you:love: and have a great weekend

Originally posted by pre-money
so..i've been completed since 11/04..
when do u think i'll hear from my 12 schools...one already gave me post-secondary rejection..

I was complete a few days before you at a bunch of schools 10/27. I have had 3 interviews thus far. 2 within a week of completetion, and 1 about a month later. 1 acceptance just this week. I'd say you would have to give us your (dare i say it?) numbers for an accurate prediciton as to when you might be hearing from schools.

I would wait till right before christmas break and just call up a couple of the schools and ask about your status. it can't hurt....specially if you want some news, any news, before the holidays
just remember what everyone else said..schools interview till feb/march or even later, so u've still got time. but i understand how waiting can be a pain

BigRedPingpong..i just pmed you my stats..
thanks

hey pre-money...

i havent heard from a good number of my schools still...its been over 3 months easy.

Is it typical to wait 3 months before hearing about an interview? I've been complete at schools since mid-October, and some as late as December. A lot of the schools I'm applying to interview through March, so it seems like by the time they review my file it will be too late to get an interview.

BigRedPingpong, would you mind listing what schools you already had interviews and acceptances at?

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
Is it typical to wait 3 months before hearing about an interview? I've been complete at schools since mid-October, and some as late as December. A lot of the schools I'm applying to interview through March, so it seems like by the time they review my file it will be too late to get an interview.

BigRedPingpong, would you mind listing what schools you already had interviews and acceptances at?

in more than one instance...ive been waiting for schools to just review my application. some have been just sitting there for over 3 months. now that i dont consider typical...esp at rolling schools.

hearing about an interview after 3 months...especially at non-rolling school...is good. i dont think you have too much to worry about if your schools are non rolling.

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe

Ok, ok... so I posted my "list" on another thread but here goes...

Also NOTE: the 3 interviews are ones that I WENT to already, not ones that I have coming up.

SCHOOLS:
NJMS: interview upcoming
NYMC: interviewed accepted (I was actually accepted a lot earlier here by word-of-mouth due to a familial connection here..so don't be deceived by the fast turn around time)
NYU: interviewed already
Pitt: interviewed already
Temple: int upcoming
Drexel: int upcoming
Rejects: Mayo, Vandy

Holds: GW, U-Chi

My stats aren't earthshattering or anything like that. and I don't have any research experience. Only a substantial amount of community service and clinical experience.

Edit: (removed stats-wanna keep stuff private now :))

Pre-money, i PMed you back:)

damn ping for what its worth, i think your stats are very earth shattering!

Originally posted by dcgirl22
damn ping for what its worth, i think your stats are very earth shattering!

damn if a 3.96 and a 34 not earth shattering!!!

damn those are solid man.

i dont even have enough to break the surface...

i just had my interview at temple on 1-7-04
i heard that i will hear from them within 6 weeks. ..just wondering how their decision process happens..if anybody has a good inside info..i would very much appreciate it...

thanks

I interviewed there on 1/5 and they told me two to four weeks. I think the committee meets once a week, as soon as they get to your file they make the accept/waitlist/reject decision.