when will my secondaries come?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gellybean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my amcas in mid-september, but haven't received secondaries from these schools:

ucla
tulane
wake forest
univ. of cincinnati
finch
loyola
st. louis univ.

does anyone know what is up with this?
please help.

Members don't see this ad.

still waiting for

georgetown, hopkins, and duke

Cincinnati has no secondary - but they do have an online app that AMCAS could learn something from. BTW, no secondary also means no additional fee! Also, don't feel bad about UCLA - I submitted in Aug. and still haven't heard a peep from them, even though they've had my UC app for 2 months now :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
called loyola today....for aud mcat'ers secondaries should be out soon. does anyone know what questions are on the secondary for loyola?

forget my request about loyola's question. a nice guy/gal answerd it in another thread. Regarding your secondaries question---did you take the AUG MCAT? that coudl be the reason you are held up.

Call Finch. I took the August MCAT and got the secondary. I know they were having some problems.

Are you guys all Cal residents? Perhaps that has to do w/it. I received my secondary from UCLA ~1 1/2 wk ago, and I'm a CA resident.

Got Finch's secondary last week, but I'm too broke to send it in at the moment. Ninety bucks---JEESH!!!! :eek:

If you have already received the UC application from UCLA, then they have you on hold. They screen those and then send out secondaries.

gellybean,

Visit the tulane webpage. There are instructions to start your application started without waiting for receipt of the secondary. Basically, you print out their secondary online. Then you provide a paper copy of your AMCAS application and a statement of MCAT score (Not ASAR, just one you write out) and this will get the ball rolling. There's also info there about letters of recommendations. Good luck, it's a great school.

Wake Forest will not send you a secondary until you are verified, which may explain why you haven't heard from them.

gellybean,

This won't answer your question, but I must tell you that I love your screen name. I just love jellybeans!!!!

But, in regard to your poster, you'll get the secondaries when you least expect them. Don't waste time fretting about them (easier said than done, I know...).

As far as Loyola's secondary is concerned, I'm not sure what's been mentioned in previous threads, but I took the August MCAT and received their secondary ~Aug 22. Perhaps they took my old scores into consideration when mailing it out?? Anyways, I don't know if this helped or not, but good luck getting the rest of the secondaries.

:)