Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

when will my secondaries come?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gellybean, Nov 2, 2001.

1. gellybean

gellybean Member
    7+ Year Member

I submitted my amcas in mid-september, but haven't received secondaries from these schools:

ucla
    tulane
    wake forest
    univ. of cincinnati
    finch
    loyola
    st. louis univ.

does anyone know what is up with this?
    please help.

2. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

still waiting for

georgetown, hopkins, and duke

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Cincinnati has no secondary - but they do have an online app that AMCAS could learn something from. BTW, no secondary also means no additional fee! Also, don't feel bad about UCLA - I submitted in Aug. and still haven't heard a peep from them, even though they've had my UC app for 2 months now :mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. twesting2173

twesting2173 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

called loyola today....for aud mcat'ers secondaries should be out soon. does anyone know what questions are on the secondary for loyola?

5. twesting2173

twesting2173 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

forget my request about loyola's question. a nice guy/gal answerd it in another thread. Regarding your secondaries question---did you take the AUG MCAT? that coudl be the reason you are held up.

6. drdrtoledo

drdrtoledo Pharm Delicious
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Call Finch. I took the August MCAT and got the secondary. I know they were having some problems.

7. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Are you guys all Cal residents? Perhaps that has to do w/it. I received my secondary from UCLA ~1 1/2 wk ago, and I'm a CA resident.

8. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Got Finch's secondary last week, but I'm too broke to send it in at the moment. Ninety bucks---JEESH!!!! :eek:

9. jftsai

jftsai Member
    7+ Year Member

If you have already received the UC application from UCLA, then they have you on hold. They screen those and then send out secondaries.

10. hobartpaver

hobartpaver Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

gellybean,

Visit the tulane webpage. There are instructions to start your application started without waiting for receipt of the secondary. Basically, you print out their secondary online. Then you provide a paper copy of your AMCAS application and a statement of MCAT score (Not ASAR, just one you write out) and this will get the ball rolling. There's also info there about letters of recommendations. Good luck, it's a great school.

11. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wake Forest will not send you a secondary until you are verified, which may explain why you haven't heard from them.

12. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    gellybean,

This won't answer your question, but I must tell you that I love your screen name. I just love jellybeans!!!!

But, in regard to your poster, you'll get the secondaries when you least expect them. Don't waste time fretting about them (easier said than done, I know...).

As far as Loyola's secondary is concerned, I'm not sure what's been mentioned in previous threads, but I took the August MCAT and received their secondary ~Aug 22. Perhaps they took my old scores into consideration when mailing it out?? Anyways, I don't know if this helped or not, but good luck getting the rest of the secondaries.

:)