When will schools know about my acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sam32

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows when exactly will schools have access to this info?

Will they also know about the schools I withdrew from (after acceptance) in november?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen a date in March floating around this forum as the day when med schools can see your other acceptances. I don't really know where this date came from, but people have cited it in other threads.

I'm not sure if they can see your withdrawals, though I'm inclined to think that it's only the schools where you are still holding a place...

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't think med schools ever had access to that information unless you decided to divulge that info voluntarily.

i know for sure they find out, but I do not know when. I thought an interview coordinator said around Jan??

Yeah they can find out. An admissions committee member flat out told us that they can see the acceptances you are holding. Not sure if they can as soon as you are accepted at other places or if it is on a specific date. It would be nice if it was before the interview season, so they could go ahead and send out more interviews/accept waitlisted people with no other options, but that's not how it works.

Could it work in your favor that a school sees that you HAVEN'T been accepted yet? I have been placed on many waitlists and I'm kind of hoping one of them will snag me up when they see I haven't been accepted yet.

Probably wishful thinking because they could also be thinking "There must be a reason everyone didn't outright want him"... (I wish they'd tell me why!) We'll see.