MPH When would be a good time to get an MPH as a medical student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LikeAirIRise

Reaction score
I was not admitted into the MPH/MD dual degree program. When would be a good time to get that degree during my journey to an MD?

Members don't see this ad.

Um, now...while you still have the time.
Try to apply to an MPH program and I know there are some MD schools that can help you get on the track of pursuing your MD.

Um, now...while you still have the time.
Try to apply to an MPH program and I know there are some MD schools that can help you get on the track of pursuing your MD.
Well I start my MD program in 5 months so I don’t think I would have enough time to start a separate MPH program

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I start my MD program in 5 months so I don’t think I would have enough time to start a separate MPH program
Oh, I was under the impression that you weren't admitted to either one but congrats!
Most of my friends started their MPH after their third-year of medical clerkship. The school paid for them to get their MPH so that's something you can look into to see if your program offers it.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, I was under the impression that you weren't admitted to either one but congrats!
Most of my friends started their MPH after their third-year of medical clerkship. The school paid for them to get their MPH so that's something you can look into to see if your program offers it.
Wow I didn't know that was an option. I'm gonna give them a call later on today actually, thanks for responding to such an old thread!