When would be the best time to take MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rustybucket323

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking physics 1 in the spring and physics 2 and biochemistry in the summer. I would like to apply to medical school as early as I possibly can, would it be better for me to take an MCAT prep course in the spring semester and try to take the exam early summer, or should I wait until I finished with the physics sequence and take the exam at the end of summer. All your help is greatly appreciated.

-Rustybucket323

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on taking physics 1 in the spring and physics 2 and biochemistry in the summer. I would like to apply to medical school as early as I possibly can, would it be better for me to take an MCAT prep course in the spring semester and try to take the exam early summer, or should I wait until I finished with the physics sequence and take the exam at the end of summer. All your help is greatly appreciated.

-Rustybucket323

Take the MCAT at the end of the summer after you take that biochemistry class. Biochemistry would help you a great deal on the exam. In addition, taking both physics would prepare you for any physics question on the test (make sure your physics teacher is good before you enroll in the class).:luck: