when you guys take the practice nbme exam, where do you take it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hippocampus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you normally take it at home, at the library, etc? where?

Members don't see this ad.

I have tried to simulate realistic exam taking conditions in my NBMEs or other Diagnostic tests. I normally go to the library, find a group "common" quiet study area and put on my noise-canceling headphones. So there is still a possibility of being distracted by something but at the same time, you get used to test-taking with other people in the same vicinity as you.

Just my 2 cents! :D

oh noooooo i have been taking them at home because i dont have a parking pass to park at my school's library.
anyone else taking them at home?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh noooooo i have been taking them at home because i dont have a parking pass to park at my school's library.

Taken 4 of them at home. Planning on a 5th on Sunday. School isn't the prometric site, so I don't see any advantage to doing it there over home.

Members don't see this ad :)

This only sounds marginally sarcastic. :D

I take them that home and play with my dog in between sets.

I try to create the prometric environement as much as possible

:D

Taken 4 of them at home. Planning on a 5th on Sunday. School isn't the prometric site, so I don't see any advantage to doing it there over home.

Then again, home isn't the Prometric site either. :rolleyes:

The point of my post was to try and explain how I tried to recreate the testing facility to the best of my ability without actually having access.

I don't know if your comment was directed at me or not, but it seemed like it was, so I thought I would respond.

Then again, home isn't the Prometric site either. :rolleyes:

The point of my post was to try and explain how I tried to recreate the testing facility to the best of my ability without actually having access.

I don't know if your comment was directed at me or not, but it seemed like it was, so I thought I would respond.

No, it wasn't directed at you at all. Sorry if it seemed that way. I just don't see that it matters where you take it. I see merit in doing them at school, but I also don't think you suffer by doing them at home. That's all...

I've done them at home. I don't think it matters a whole lot - although I will miss being able to read the questions outloud on test day. I also like to stand up and walk around occasionally while running through the questions - another thing I'll have to do without on test day.