1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

When you started studying...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Bumbl3b33, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    When you started studying...Did you guys go into it feeling like ''oh snap, I'm going to take the MCAT and absolutely murder it'' with the eye of the tiger playing in the back of you head? (fair warning, the rest of this is a pity party/ rant, so if you have better things to do, don't read it lol)

Either way, I went into it like that. And I honestly thought that I would have killed it--I mean, I got a great GPA (3.8), took 25+ credit hours at one point while working 3 part time jobs; loved the whole learning process; got job offers right and left as I was graduating from prestigious firms and companies, and did more meaningful extracurricular projects than anyone I know. But now that the MCAT is about 1 week away, and my MCAT scores on AAMC have gone from 31 to 30 to 29 to 27, I feel like the song in my head referring to the mCAT has gone from eye of the tiger to a mix of "Smelly Cat" by Phoebe Buffay and "Soft Kitty" by Sheldon Cooper (emphasis on the CAT/feline undertones). I always thought I'd easily be set for 35+, and I feel like I should be...I know the material very well; I even tutored a kid on MCAT material, and he got a 39. But I make stupid mistakes during the tests or can't always put the passage in context. Sigh. C'est la vie and poor test taking skills...

Here is to the fear of having to go to the state school where your ex-girlfriend's boyfriend goes...if I even get in there, that is! :roflcopter: :soexcited:

If anyone felt/feels this way, feel free to share!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. liveoak

No, nothing like that at all.

4. mohad

Pre-Medical
    I felt like I would murder it. I still feel like I will murder it. Next week when I take the real thing, I'll get a 45, cause I'm that good.

In all honestly, keeping that mindset is good for you. If you aim high and work towards that goal, you will do well. If you say "Oh, I wanna study enough to get a 30", you'll let yourself relax here and there because you're only "aiming for a 30". On the otherhand, if you aim for a 45 every time, you may go insane, but at least you will be more motivated to do better cause your standard is higher. I'm not saying that a 30 is a bad score or people should be unsatisfied with it, but if you study with the intent of getting 100% accuracy each time you do something, you will profit a lot more in the long run.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong in what I just said, but it helps me get through my practice tests and it helps me sleep at night.

5. AugustMCAT

5+ Year Member

In less than 16 hours, I will be given 25 to life for murdering the MCAT.

6. Turtlez

Turtlez ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hope you're lucky like me. !!! ~~~~ I got immunity for future mcat rape-age.

7. Turtlez

Turtlez ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    True that... I'm averaging 36 and I only want a 31 :D I have modest goals.