when?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

williestyle81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I took the april mcat and then again in august (still didn't do so hot)...but my apps have been in for a while. I sent in my next to last app 2 weeks ago. When should I be hearing from the schools? (whether it be good or bad news)

Members don't see this ad.

Anytime between now and april/may probably to get either an interivew, or rejection. I know-the waiting sucks.

All I can say is BE PATIENT cuz this is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG waiting game, and I am not exaggerating. As I have said in many of my other posts,
my file has been complete at 11 DO schools since mid-July. Only 3 have contacted me - CCOM (rejection), AZCOM (waitlist), TUCOM
(interview 11/4). I consider myself to be a fairly competitive applicant ( 3.1 science, 3.4 UG, 3.88 Masters in Public health, 25P), and I meet the minimum requirements for most of the DO schools. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx guys!
some of these people on sdn are stressing me out! cuz i didn't exactly get a 30 on mcat (far from it) and don't have a 3.9999 gpa and they are getting all these interview invites. oh well, i can only wait and PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Originally posted by williestyle81
thanx guys!
some of these people on sdn are stressing me out! cuz i didn't exactly get a 30 on mcat (far from it) and don't have a 3.9999 gpa and they are getting all these interview invites. oh well, i can only wait and PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Don't sweat it. You're not competing with them anyway. Those people apply to MD schools. Just be patient, you'll hear from most of the schools soon enough. But nj is right, it's a long waiting game. I sent in primaries in October, didnt get an acceptance until late May.