Where are all the posts that were here yesterday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Weren't there most posts here yesterday? I thought that I had replied to a couple of them, too!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any advice on getting into Barry - Podiatry school? Such as avg. gpa, volunteer experience, etc.

I'm trying to decide on a health profession and podiatry is one I'm strongly considering. Barry is the closest school to me as I live in Florida.

Any and all experiences/info will be great!

If I could save just one student from comiting the biggest mistake of his life then I have done my job. I Attended that particular school and fell into the trap. First of all, I don't know if you are aware of the fact that podiatry is a dying field. They can't
even fill there spots. I started Barry four years ago in podiatry.
The basic sciences are ok but that is not where your problems will
begin. They begin when you start your rotations and you see that
your rotations are a joke,your not respected by any other profession, and you realize that your basic scince is also subpare.
Now, here comes the problem. After you graduate you owe around $160,000 in loans. If you were an MD student that will not
be bad. But, I will guarantee that you will not make more then
$40,000 a year after you graduate. Don't believe what the schools say. None of my friends from my year who graduated make more then $40,000. But remember, you have to subtract your student loan payment, and taxes. That will leave you with about $10,000 to live. My friends and I have had to get jobs
in other fields just to make a living. It has been the worst experience and mistake in my life. I applyed to medical school and
guess what, they don't take any podiatry classes from basic sciences. If you like healthcare but don't want to be a doctor there are other professions out there that pay a hell of alot more
money with out all the student loan dept. If you do want to go into medicine then try US or carribean med schools and become a
real doctor!!!!!! Please don't do it.