Where are jobs for new graduates 2014?Any comment.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would be a Pharmacist this May 2014. Where should I look for a job now? There are absolutely no jobs in my state. Nearby states are Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan and Missouri. What is the job outlook in these states. If there are no jobs for Pharmacists here, why are then we becoming pharmacists and having a lot of student debt? I just did some rotations in an independent pharmacy, and learned nothing. Now, the problem with me is that I am a new pharmacist 2014, no experience with retail market, with a lot of super saturated market, where should I hunt jobs. In a small village, community, rural areas , in the middle of nowhere. Are still small pockets, small areas and villages of USA have jobs for pharmacists? and how's life of a Pharmacist in those areas? Is pharmacist being respected in those areas by those community.Will I feel cultural shock from moving big metropolitan city, club nights, high quality of life and restaurants etc. to very small and isolated ranchers, and farmers, desert or mountain areas of community of 1000 to 2000 away from 4 or 5 hours from any city?

Members don't see this ad.

images

You aren't getting hired anywhere if you can't speak proper english. Work on your language skills first.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't be a dbag gombrich. also there are plenty of foreign trained pharmacists out there who barely speak english

Reactions: 1 user
You aren't getting hired anywhere if you can't speak proper english. Work on your language skills first.
Rather than studying for my Naplex, I should learn PrOpEr EnGliSh first. That's what you mean? Very Funny. I am from top ACPE school . I asked skillful advise from forum members, but you pissed me off. There are still many licensed pharmacist working there ,and their English is pretty hard to understand. I know a Pharmacist who still says FAX machine, a "fuks" machine working in a well reputed top pharmacy chain for more than 12 years. Some even cannot pronounce drug names correctly.There are plenty of examples, however, I do't wanna mention here. Your comments are totally disrespectful for New Graduate of 2014 who are trying to explore job market before getting their license. There are still many pharmacies around US that only hire pharmacists that can speak Spanish rather than English. Why such pharmacies don't hire just proper English Speaking Pharmacists, why they prefer Spanish speaking. However, I cannot speak Spanish or some other language that's the problem with me.Otherwise, there are a lot of jobs out there for Spanish speaking pharmacists even in metropolitan areas of Spanish speaking population, and no fear of competition for near future.

Rather than studying for my Naplex, I should learn PrOpEr EnGliSh first. That's what you mean? Very Funny. I am from top ACPE school . I asked skillful advise from forum members, but you pissed me off. There are still many licensed pharmacist working there ,and their English is pretty hard to understand. I know a Pharmacist who still says FAX machine, a "fuks" machine working in a well reputed top pharmacy chain for more than 12 years. Some even cannot pronounce drug names correctly.There are plenty of examples, however, I do't wanna mention here. Your comments are totally disrespectful for New Graduate of 2014 who are trying to explore job market before getting their license. There are still many pharmacies around US that only hire pharmacists that can speak Spanish rather than English. Why such pharmacies don't hire just proper English Speaking Pharmacists, why they prefer Spanish speaking. However, I cannot speak Spanish or some other language that's the problem with me.Otherwise, there are a lot of jobs out there for Spanish speaking pharmacists even in metropolitan areas of Spanish speaking population, and no fear of competition for near future.

Separate your paragraphs...

I would be a Pharmacist this May 2014...

If there are no jobs for Pharmacists here, why are then we becoming pharmacists and having a lot of student debt?...

I just did some rotations in an independent pharmacy, and learned nothing...

Now, the problem with me is that I am a new pharmacist 2014, no experience with retail market, with a lot of super saturated market, where should I hunt jobs...

In a small village, community, rural areas , in the middle of nowhere. Are still small pockets, small areas and villages of USA have jobs for pharmacists?...

Is pharmacist being respected in those areas by those community.

So much to say...where to start?

I don't know why are then we becoming pharmacists and having a lot of student debt. Insightful question thorough. I will have to ponder...

You did some rotations in an independent pharmacy? Rotations like you stood in the middle of the pharmacy and rotated in a circle on one foot or something similar? I'm not clear on this one so I will skip it.

Now, the problem with me is that I am a new pharmacist 2014...sounds like the model number on the latest pharmacy dispensing robot. And now meet the newest Surescript counting machine the new pharmacist 2014!!!!

Where to look for a job, small village, community, rural areas , in the middle of nowhere? I would say small villages are your best bet. If you can't find a job maybe you could be the village black smith or farrier? There's always the village idiot to fall back on...

Is pharmacist being respected in those areas by those community? Not really...I bet they'd make an exception for you!

Actually, the village jobs are tough to get into. Example; And look at the map to see where these places are. Village Kotzebue, Alaska( nothing there, no bar, club, movie theater or hair salon-nada) the pharmacy(there's only one) has more pharmacists than people in hospital beds.

Barrow, Alaska- offered me 50 an hour for a night shift position. It's minus 30 degrees there n there's less to do than Kotzebue. Its one stop before the North Pole. The offer is pitiful to say the least. And these places are so isolated- you can't imagine.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you can't find a job then try and do a residency.

IIf there are no jobs for Pharmacists here, why are then we becoming pharmacists and having a lot of student debt?

I don't know, that's a question for you to answer. Why are you becoming a pharmacist? You could've picked another career path.

I would be a Pharmacist this May 2014. Where should I look for a job now? There are absolutely no jobs in my state. Nearby states are Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan and Missouri. What is the job outlook in these states. If there are no jobs for Pharmacists here, why are then we becoming pharmacists and having a lot of student debt? I just did some rotations in an independent pharmacy, and learned nothing. Now, the problem with me is that I am a new pharmacist 2014, no experience with retail market, with a lot of super saturated market, where should I hunt jobs. In a small village, community, rural areas , in the middle of nowhere. Are still small pockets, small areas and villages of USA have jobs for pharmacists? and how's life of a Pharmacist in those areas? Is pharmacist being respected in those areas by those community.Will I feel cultural shock from moving big metropolitan city, club nights, high quality of life and restaurants etc. to very small and isolated ranchers, and farmers, desert or mountain areas of community of 1000 to 2000 away from 4 or 5 hours from any city?

Just because you graduated with a Pharm.D doesn't mean the world owes you a job. I bolded, underlined, and increased the font size of the reason why you're probably not going to find a job.