Where are my future UCLA classmates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey, sujain,
i think we are going to be around Monterey Park on Sunday.
I guess it is not that far from where you are, right?
PM us if you want to hang out. Then you could be jealoused too.
Sorry, Kim.

I cant sleep today! It is 5 in the morning....... O well, will work on the Europe itinerary.

Members don't see this ad.

haha. i am such a computer LOSERRRRR!

steph, i wish i knew how to post the link, but i still can't figure it out... the best thing i would suggest would be to get on their forums page, and type "toothpixie" into their search box. That should pull it up. My thread is "Anything you would have done different your first year of dental school?" I hope that helps... please lemme know how that works out, k? :)

Hey, eric, rita, and amy! hmmmm. Monterey Park. i have no clue where that is. (sorry, i don't get around much) is that near Whittier? If it's this weekend, i'd love to join, i'm off work this weekend!

:cool:

not next though. pththththt.

ooooooh, the weather is SO GORGEOUS today!!! It's amazing how days like these really cheer me up. i'm like, high, or something. oh, to be at the beach...by a barbecue pit... okay, now i'm hungry.

talk to y'all in a few...

:hardy: sujain/"toofpixie"

Members don't see this ad :)
woo-hoo!!!!! I'm in. I am SO there. :horns:

are more peoples available, too?

man....thanks for help with the link, Eric... sheesh. i've gotta learn to get better at this stuff...

Again, I wish I can join you all :( I am from Central Ca.. Fresno to be exact. How long it takes me to get down there depends on the traffic condition, but hopefully, I can join in the next meeting. Well catch everyone later.. I have to get back to work. :D
Kim

Jeez, Kim,

grrrr....i really wish u could come, too. i feel ur pain about the work/school commitments... what a bummer! Well, for what it's worth, we'll fill ya in on all the juicy details, k? ;)

it's the least we can do, considering u bothered enough to start this thread and all... :D

sujain :)

toothpixie,
it is time to get aim.
You are missing out big time.
If you have problems, let me know.
EC

what, EC?

my mail pigeons didn't reach you? Man, they've got the WORST sense of direction.... so many statues, so little time...maybe i should get them one of those new-fangled GPS systems...

hehe. i'm just playing, my friend. i've got aim, i just haven't gotten myself into the habit. But time for this old girl to wake up... :laugh:
i'll get with the times, i promise ;)
this is so fun!!!
Sincerely, sujain :clap:

Technology? BAH!!!

i am still getting used to my coffee can and string cell phone, why is everybody getting so advanced? The future scares me with all these nintendos and email postmail whatever. What will will they think of next? machines that fly? well i for one am satisfied with this magic box i am writing my message with that suddenly just appeared one day in my cave. I think if i had to learn how to use anything else, I might not be able to cope with life. Learning to read was hard enough......

hmmmm just a thought,

rrrrrrrrrrrright

I thought there are more people going to UCLA.
What happened to the other 60 people...
If you know people who are going, please lure them into aim or this site, thx.

Tomorrow is all about tech and computer. One of the reason to choose UCLA is their digital recording system. Even though it is not the easiest to use/access, it is there. We will be able to review medical history and patient chart easily. Dont even mention all those cool gadgets and machines that costs like a fortune. For me, those are my toys. Can you imagine playing with them all day while at work? Like slacking off at work and keep on posting and email people at work now(even though there is a mandatory 10 min break)?

helloooo!

very, very true, Eric, i know what u mean... one big reason i chose dentistry is cuz of all the gizmos and gadgets... including the technology! you know i just like to tease ;) i guess i feel a little old-- although that's prolly no excuse, but i don't even own a cell phone....yet. hehehe. i'm 29, and i'm just a little slow to adapt, is all, but i have a good feeling that's gonna change REAL soon. It was fun chatting last night, i can't wait to meet!

JFrave, how awesome, i thought i was the only one living in a cave! i'm still tryin to figure out this fire thing, though... oh, and Fred and Wilma say hi! :laugh:

sujain :D

I agree The stone age has done wonders for me as well,but I did embrace technology though so my last post proved. Foldgers makes the best telephone receivers ever. I was tempted to switch to starbucks but somehow their little coffee bags don't transmit signal too well. This refusal to move into the future was prompted because I too am 29 YEAHHHHHHHHHH!... so it will be good to not be the only senior citizen who was close with the flintstones. Oh yeah fred and wilma say hi.

sincerely,

FAther time

soooooo, JFrave, shall we call ourselves "the Elders"? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
To all who will meet up:
Have a blast. I really have to catch up on my work.. ahhh....

Toothpixie, I too will be an "elder". But that won't stop us, right? hehe.

Oh well, just fill me w/ the juicy details.. and I'm sure to join the next time! Anyhow, we will be seeing each other almost everyday for the next 4 years.. so what's a few more weeks, or months of meeting y'all....j/k. Ok have great fun this weekend!

u know, Nick said it best..

i feel like i kinda already know u guys....

i'm really glad it clicks. :clap: :laugh: :clap:

hey Kim! welcome to the club, girl!!! maybe u, me, and jeff should get together and catch an early bird special one of these days...
;)

Just trying to keep this thread alive and also to see if anyone can meet up.

I will be home in San Diego from March 18-29... let me know if you can meet up any of these days!

Amy and I are meeting at UCLA Wed, March 24th... if anyone wants to join!

Sujain and I are hopefully meeting at UCLA either Sunday the 21st or 28th (depends on which Sunday I visit UCLA with my family) Anyone want to come??? Amy if you want to meet again one of these Sundays let me know! Sujain can't make it on Wednesday...

Please let me know if something works for any of you, I really want to meet you guys! :)
Steph

For those that got accepted, does getting and going through the interview pretty much means your accepted.

I am worried.

thanks, by the way this question is for UCLAers

For those that got accepted, does getting and going through the interview pretty much means your accepted.

I am worried.

thanks, by the way this question is for UCLAers

When I told people I had an interview at UCLA, they all told me "that's a really good sign". So, I think a UCLA interview means you have a great chance. At my interview, he told me "you wouldn't be here if we didn't really want you" That's all I know :)

Yea, that's what they told me...if you were yourself and answered truthfully, then I'm sure you have a great chance!

UCLA is pretty quick with their decisions, IMO...they got back to me less than a week after I interviewed. I don't know how long your interview was, but they told me to call back after 10 days if I hadn't received a reply yet...you might want to try and call Sarah Johnson.

Hopefully, we'll see you posting in this thread on Monday or Tuesday! =)

Good luck!

Cheers,

Nick

I cant wait till the list grows =)
Remember to come back rightaway and post ur info.
Good luck.

_____

Wow, today is such a wonderful day.
The meeting is really fun.
I am sorry, Rita, that I keep on teasing you.
Thank you, Amy, for driving. It is a cool ride, especially seeing those bikes' tricks.
Let us know how ur bf thinks of the cap, Sujain.
I boosted my rating to 95% sure that I will be in UCLA next year.
Hope more people will make up their mind soon.

It will be a fun 4 yrs.
Take care when I am gone for Europe.

Amy and Sujain,
you are not going to believe the price of that condo or townhouse that we saw.
it was only 2100 monthly, too bad it was taken already.
and too bad that X5 is not included =(

Hey, comparing with other places, at least I will get my money worthy. And it was a really nice place that you are living in, Amy. It is so close to sch and spacious.

Well, I will continue my apartment hunt on Wednesday.
Hopefully, I will get an agreement in early April.
(sometimes you have to wonder m i really sure that i m only 95% sure i will go to ucla?)

aaagghhh!! that place was SO GORGEOUS, and perfect, omg. Already taken?! sheesh. i guess i'm not surprised... no wonder we couldn't find anyone on the premises to talk to...

:idea: :idea: :idea:

hey... i say we take it by storm... we're pretty intimidating, i think. i mean, people are already scared of dentists, and we're gonna be dental students, which is even scarier to most people...

hmmm.... caramel-golden colored wood floor, pristine white walls and curtains, plenty of gentle sunlight flooding the rooms...
aw MAN!!!

i will not rest until i find another just like it-- it is now embedded in my mind-- imagine if it could have been split 4-5 ways, huh? i would have gladly slept in the tub.

Eric, do u still have the number of the agent who was in charge of that property? Maybe she/he may have more leads?

Sincerely, Sujain =)

2100 a month is not bad

however, is it a monthly payment with say 20% down or just is it just rent. If it is a mortgage payment, then you have to include HOA, tax, and closing fees, ect.

may be eric can just buy a tent and live in the lobby of the dental building. park your bike under the tent, then you get everything under your "roof" hee hee.

it is a rental, without hoa...

1394 veteran ave
310-473-2520
btw, this is not an ad.

btw, my uncle is a great repairmen.
he can remodel the place for me as long as i m willing to pay.
so i need to start thinking...

hey, rita,
i dont need to buy a tent.
i already got 1.
Worst to worst, i can put a shell on my pickup
throw in a mattress
and request a parking permit and live on my pickup forever
until someone willing to donate money to support such a poor student.
as long as i park close to the main gym, that shouldnt be a problem, right?
then, i also have a roof and no need to buy a bike.
except i need a kitchen to cook...

main gym shower sucks! The water temp was never right.... may be it will be better now. do they still have that "butt, gut and legs" class in the gym? any bruins know?

Wow it sounds like you guys had so much fun. And watta nice place that sounded.... can we get apt as early as april? I don't mind something like that, at least I'll know how much rent to expect and that alleviates a lot of my stress.... anyone else interested in finalizing living arrangements say.. early summer? lemme know, I need housemates/aptmates.

Eric, when will u leave for europe? sounds like fun, wish i can go too :(

Ok til next time.

Taking off this Wednesday.
Dont worry, since I m so addicted to sdn.
I will spend time checking whenever I have a chance.
Hopefully more UCLA will meet soon.

I am just trying to search for bargain deals...
otherwise, i will just rent/buy in the summer.

Eric,
Sounds like a good idea! I love flowers. 2nd week of april would work for me. How long does it open til? I'd love to go!

i had a blast meeting with Sujain, Rita, and Eric. I hope all of u decide on coming to UCLA. Remember that motorcycle trick we saw? Yes that was planned...just to get u guys to stay in so cal. jp

well Eric says he's 95%...but since he's already looking to purchase a place, i think he's pretty much decided. welcome to ucla!

i can't wait to meet the rest of you!

Well, since we are going to have more activities.
I am thinking it would be a good idea to setup a webpage to post our exciting photos. Please let me know what could u like to see on the website. My webpage skill is extremely primitive, so please be considerate. e.x. I cant make a flash introduction.

ohmygosh, Eric, i didn't know you wanted to be a flasher....:wow:

;) ur secret is safe wit me!

Yeah, Amy, i had SUCH a great time yesterday!!! :clap:

i was talking nonstop to anyone who'd listen about u, Eric, and Rita, and i have our pic as my desktop background.... :laugh:
it's kinda weird, but i really, really feel at ease with u guys, and that's usually hard for me. It was so effortless!

...and i finally got my boss to give me Wed. March 24th off, so do u and Steph mind if i crash in on ur fun? Hi Steph!!! hehehe!

Rita-- i used to go to those guts, butts, and thighs sessions at Cal State Fullerton. After that, i couldn't sleep on my stomach, or on my back, or on my side... but damn, it looked good on me. <sigh!>

it all shamelessly disappeared after CSUF added a Krispy Kreme across from the Starbucks in the cafeteria... :rolleyes:

Rod says hi and sends grins to yall. Today's our 7th anniversary... he's such a saint!
Eric, i'm just teasing u. Rita made a very compelling argument about ur teasability over brunch... ;)

hugs, sujain
:D

Yay Sujain! I'm so happy you can join us :) And Happy Anniversary to you and your MAN hehe :)

I want to try this exercise class you all are talking about.... is it at UCLA?

Does anyone work out at 24 hour fitness? I've had a membership there for years and usually try to go there instead of school gyms (less people/lines) if anyone needs a workout-partner :)

I fly home to San Diego Thursday.... cannot wait! Hopefully I can meet as many of you as possible :D

Happy anniversary, Sujain.
Awesome that you people can meet.
Too bad I will be away.
But certainly, we shall meet in the summer time.
Take care.

24 hr fitness

hi, steph:

I work out at 24 hr fitness. Omg, I was thinking about posting if someone will be interested to be my work out partner. alright!

Yay Rita! This is perfect.... you'll be able to spot me when I lift 250 lbs ;) riiiiiight.

Why am I the only one being left out of the festivities?!@# ;p

jk....I'll try to arrange a trip down there really soon and hopefully meet up with all of you guys!

Hey, Nick,
you may have do a better job attracting people into sdn =) jk
I m sure there are more No Cal people coming to LA. Just be patience.
Anyway, keep us updated and I will definitely try my best to be there.

EC

Add me to your festivities!

I will be a Bruin too!

maxell123,
welcome to class of 2008. do you have aim? if so, you have to join us and be overwhelmed with all those blinking messenges. if not, i suggest you sign up and be overwhelm with those messenges.

Welcome Maxell!!! I agree get AIM, or share it with us if you already have it :)

hey, welcome, maxell! :clap: :clap: :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Doesn't it feel great?! :D

hugs, sujain ;)

well, i FINALLY figured out how to get a buddy icon. :rolleyes:

thanks so much Eric and Kim!!!

:(

I found out my flight got canceled when I was ten minutes away from the airport. May be I will just have to walk to eastcoast....

I'm so sorry Rita :( I hope you get another flight soon!!!

Doh, does it mean u r not leaving us? i donno if i can stand another day with u...... j/k
well, at least i didnt have magraine after the coffee.
but the aftertaste/breath is really bad...
well, look at the bright side, u can convert ur ticket to come to europe with me, ya?

eric:

email to hotmail got returned. Whats up.