Where are my future UCLA classmates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rita,
I post awhile back that hotmail is weird cos someone has been bombing me with emails... do you happen to know who?
please email to [email protected]
btw, i m going to a study club tonight, if u r still stuck at sd, maybe u want to come.

Eric

Members don't see this ad.

let me clarify.
my dental advisor usually invites us to fun events.
like tonight, a bunch of doctors are going to discuss a case.
good opportunity to be fascinated and say wow.
and y not, it is free food.

thanks eric for the invite...

I decided to roller blade all the way to east coast... say 8 miles per hour, 2700 miles total distance...... Will be there in 2050, ha!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow i've been so busy lately so finally i have a chance to post. First of all, a big congrats to maxell...i know you've been anxiously awaiting for that good news!:clap:

Eric: enjoy your trip to europe..and take care of yourself.. and have fun.. and more fun... :D

Rita: I don't know if you made it to the east coast yet, but hope you have a safe trip as well!!
:D

Ok, i have to get back to studying for my midterm :(

thx, kim. i will bring back tons of photos.

Hi, Maxell123,
your inbox is full. you may want to delete some sent pm too.

Where are you studying? Where are you from? I am excited to see you in some of our activities. There will be more meeting, especially in the summer when everybody is out of sch or work. I will go to see some apartments today. Hopefully, I will find something just as nice as Sunday =)
Cu around,
Eric

Welcome, Maxell123.

Well, my first question is...are you from California? If so, NorCal or SoCal?

As of now, I'm the only one thats "originally" from NorCal...everyone else pretty much lives in LA or SD. ;p
Just looking for a buddy up here...not that you aren't Steph! I'll be sure to come visit you sometime, or you can come visit me! :p

Oh, my AIM is z1ptree, and if you want to find anyone elses', it's up in the post somewhere.

Welcome again and congratulations, Maxwell.

Hi all,
I m in london! Yeah, just want to say hi.
Getta go
Take care
Eric :hardy: :hardy:

hey everyone!!!

shhhh.... i stowed away in one of Eric's suitcases. I just wanted to give u guys the down-low. I see a lotta, lotta peeps with awful teeth...
aha! We must be somewheres in England!

:laugh:

I hope the trip turns out even better than u imagined, Eric!
Party on!!! :hardy:

Haha!

Hope you enjoy your trip, Eric!

To the rest of the SoCal people, my plans to go down south this week didn't happen, but I'll try to find another time soon!

Oh, and don't forget to do your paperwork early, because there's a LOT of it, heh.

Originally posted by noodletw
hey ecdoesit,

i just PMed you... please reply if possible. Thanks!

He's away in London. It'll be a good few days before you get a reply. Don't be too hopeful before then.

Oh, I PM'd you back.

noodletw,
hum, this is strange.
i havent received any pm.
please try again

thanks, ziptree,
i m sorry that i m out of town and out of the continent right now.
it will take me some time to reply
but since i m so 'addicted' that i will check whenever possible.

Hey, everyone!

For those of you who are studying for/taking finals about now, i just wanted to wish u all the best-- may they be quick and painless!!!

Sincerely, sujain

;)

Hey Finals/mid-term takers :) I like Sujain's thinking, so I'm going to copy :)

HAVE FUN!!! (you all will learn in the next 4 years I don't say good luck... cause that makes me nervous for some reason...) Cause if you just have fun, it can't be that bad ;)

Yay! I can't wait to meet some of you finally at UCLA Wednesday. :D

Does anyone know if we just wait till April for this magic packet and then buy the lap top?

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe so. it seems to contain a lot of info. i guess everybody is busy lately. nobody reply to this thread no more =(

anyway, good lucks with finals and midterms.

I'm still here. My mailbox was full last week, please update me on plans before the starting of school! By the way, when is it?

guys, please correct me if i'm wrong on this, but i believe i was told the first day of class at UCLA dental will be Sept. 15th.

i'd like to think there will be some sort of orientation the week prior to that, or something... or maybe the first day of ORIENTATION will be Sept. 15th?

Well, i've still got some time to get my facts straight, at least! :)

hope that helps, maxell! :p

On the sheet where you signed your life away to UCLA, it says there's a mandatory orientation starting from Sept. 15-24....so I'm thinking the 15th is the first day of orientation, not school.

Hope that helps,

-Nick

Whoa, mama!

i just got home and found out i've been accepted to USC! :wow:
it's kinda bittersweet, b/c there once was a time when they were my #1 choice... but when they changed their curriculum, i just couldn't see myself doing PBL. I just don't have the self-discipline. The interview pretty much cemented that feeling. But hey, this is bound to be real good news for a Trojan hopeful!

Well, i just wanna give a shout-out to Tina, Jeff, Lisa, Alfredo, Steph, Jill, and Amy! Thanks for an awesome day!!! I seriously had a blast, and feel much better about finding my way around the UCLA area! Heehee!!!! i bought me a purty skirt there. ;) i'm just lovin the shopping scene... :love:

Yo, Eric! Howz Europe?
We miss u lots, Nick and Kim!

Hugs, Sujain :D

Sujain,
Congrats on your USC acceptance.. I received mine the same day I had my UCLA acceptance.. Myself, not comfy w/ PBL. I remember you guys were meeting today, wish I was there... again.. but I have an exam tomorrow. Glad you guys enjoyed the day. It's not even spring break for us yet til 2 more weeks.
*sigh*
Back to my studies. Til next time.

hey, everyone,
i m in barcelona.
enjoying the mediterrian sea and the great weather, except now it is pouring.
my trip is going great and it seems that you guys are having a great deal of fun, too.
when i come back, hopefully we will share our experience, ya?
will go to rome soon. then back to london then to LA.
EC

Steph, Sujain, and Tina,

I had a blast meeting with you guys yesterday! Thanks for cheering me up after my horrible final!

Jeff and others,

Too bad we couldn't meet up but definitely keep us posted if you guys plan to do something during the summer. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

So, I'm just an "other", huh?

Is that how it is?!@

Haha, jk. Was bored, so browsing this forum after my test today.

Thanks to Amy for keeping me entertained during my hours of studying for Biochemistry. =/ Hope to meet up with you and everyone else this summer!

Originally posted by toothpixie
Whoa, mama!

i just got home and found out i've been accepted to USC! :wow:
it's kinda bittersweet, b/c there once was a time when they were my #1 choice... but when they changed their curriculum, i just couldn't see myself doing PBL. I just don't have the self-discipline. The interview pretty much cemented that feeling. But hey, this is bound to be real good news for a Trojan hopeful!

Well, i just wanna give a shout-out to Tina, Jeff, Lisa, Alfredo, Steph, Jill, and Amy! Thanks for an awesome day!!! I seriously had a blast, and feel much better about finding my way around the UCLA area! Heehee!!!! i bought me a purty skirt there. ;) i'm just lovin the shopping scene... :love:

Yo, Eric! Howz Europe?
We miss u lots, Nick and Kim!

Hugs, Sujain :D

Congrats on your USC acceptance! I was wondering how they communicated your acceptance to you. Thanks a lot and good luck at UCLA!

i hope everybody had a wonderful spring break.

out of curiosity, have anyone received their April package yet?
i m in Cambridge, so i couldnt check mails till next Tuesday.

Then, there are way too many things to do...

Hey Everyone!
So I was just reading the dress code thread.... do we have one at UCLA? I mean, I know we will all look sexy anyways, but what about those days we want to wear jeans and a sweatshirt? ;)

I have an idea.... let's start posting on here what we receive in the mail/e-mail/bottles in the ocean about UCLA stuff... so we can all keep up and no man/hot chick is left behind...

I'll go first: I have received a financial aid postcard, intent to register, residence thing and request for $200 (and an acceptance letter ;) )

I saw majority people wearing scrubs when I visited.
I guess they must have clinic or lab.

please let us know when you get more information.

as for the mailing stuff, i get pretty much the same thing as you received. but i havent checked mail for 2 wks :eek: i will probably have like 100billion rejection letters and bills to pay when i go back. 2 more days.

EC

Greetings from Tokyo!

Just wanted to drop in and say hi to my fellow bruins. I'm leaving Tokyo, Japan tomorrow morning but the past week here has been awesome. I wish you guys could have been here to see the blooming cherry blossoms too!

Great to hear from you, Ami. Likewise, I am also coming back tomorrow. Then work another month and a half and flying to Hong Kong =) Before then, i need to take care of multiple research project and get my x-ray license and hopefully, finish the financial aid package and whatever else ucla requires us to do.

Question: Should I get do a part time or a research project at ucla this summer or should i stay at my lab? Since I m pretty much broke after this trip, i guess i should stay in the lab and earn some money? Any thoughts?

... and here i thought i was being seriously productive b/c i finally was able to convince myself to clean my room... Eric, u are da MAN. :laugh:

sounds like both you and Amy are having an awesome time!!! :hardy:

Party hard, you guys, and please bring back some pics so that i can have a vicarious thrill or two! :p

Wishing you both a safe and restful trip back,

Sujain

There's some pics of me, Eric, Rita, Sujain, Tina, Steph, and Ami at http://www.uopness.com/ucla

Tell me if you want me to remove any of the pics, or IM me if you have more that you want me to post. I'll have an actual site up sometime in the next two weeks...I hope. =)

We're still missing pics of Jeff and Max, so you guys, get me your pics. ;p

heya, Nick! Thanks for that!

good to finally put a face to a name... are you the guy with the eagle t-shirt? :)

Kim, we'd like to be able to recognize you, too! Whenever you have a quick sec, maybe you can send us a pic also?

Take care, all!
Sincerely, Sujain

hey, nick:

thanks for the picture. it turned out great. Hopefully, we all can get together again during the summer....

I got in between writing papers for Analytical Chemistry and studying for my Biochemistry test...

http://www.bruindentists.tk

Hah. Since it was my and Eric's idea, I think he should finish up the site. :D

Sujain: Yea, that's me...the short one. =P

Hello All! Just wanted to say Hi since I've been so caught up w/ my studies lately. I will add my pix to the collection soon. Nick, what's you email??

Have fun everyone who are traveling... I wish it were me. :D

Nick,

ain't nobody shorter than me, honey. :laugh:

Hi all,
I just got back from Europe. Vacation is always good that we dont have to think of our real life for awhile, but returning from a vacation is ... There are stuff that I need to take care of first. Please give me several days then I will put my hands on the website. Meanwhile, please feel free to throw in ideas or anything that you want to see on that site. And most importantly, how you could help out to bring this site up asap.

Cant wait to chat again.

Regards,
Eric

What's up people? (UC)LA is tight.

Anyone know where most first-year students live? Santa Monica, Brentwood or Westwood, South of wilshire? Does anyone live on the beach out in Venice Beach or by the santa monica pier?

Did anyone get their financial aid package yet? When do you find out how much of a loan you get?

does anyone know how we sign up for parking?

Lastly, does anyone want tickets to the Candid Camera Show taping? I have 3 tickets at will-call but won't be able to make it to LA that weekend.
- 3 tickets to their taping on April 24 at 1:00pm in Hollywood.
Hurry, these free tickets will not last long.

- Later

hey, Eric,
greeting and welcome to sdn and the ucla post. congradulation on ur acceptance =) of cos, glad to see ya, class of 2008 =) by any chance, do you have aim/icq/msn? like awhile back in this post, we have a list of people using aim. please add us. my screenname is eric2035ecv.

before my reply, i just want to say this. how many eric's have u encountered? Eric is so popular, u know. everywhere i go, there is at least another eric. One time at my spanish class in high sch, there were 4 eric in a class of 30. And in one of my math discussion there were 5 eric in a class of 35. So the bottomline is dont mess with eric. j/k.

I heard it is really really difficult to get a permit in our first two years, unless you are riding a bike which doesnt require a permit at all and you could cruise by traffic. I would suggest to stay close to public transportation if you are not living nearby campus. Hilgard and streets around the southeast side of campus is very close to the dental school. as far as i know, it is a good place for grad students to live. (correct me if i m wrong) but the rent is very very high, too. The locations that u mentioned are popular places students live. i m considering living in west LA, the rent is a bit cheaper and it is not that far away.
EC

Hey, everybody!!!

The CDA's annual conference will be taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center from Thurs April 15- Sunday April 18. It's got AWESOME exhibits and demos on dental tools, office equipment, and cutting-edge technology, and they host a TON of lectures on topics ranging from Forensic Dentistry to Invisalign, to becoming an associate or partner... there will also be a dental student mixer, as well as a student table clinic competition... anyone interested in forming a group and going, please pm me so I can fill you in on how to gain access to this really cool event even though we're not technically dental students yet! If you're curious to see more, go to www.cda.org, and click on the link "scientific sessions/annual meetings". They should have the list of lectures there...

Take care,
Sincerely, Sujain :p

Cool, thanks for the info and the invitation Sujain,
I will see you there =)
Please visit our booth: UCSD Free Dental Clinic or UCSD FDC/UCSD PDS(PreDental Society)
Ya, let me know if you could go there without being a member,
or else i could talk with my dental advisor to see if we can get in thru the club. Anyway, please keep us updated.

Doh, i suppose to email the student director to get monkeypie there too. Alright, need to write an email. cu later

gee, eric: when did my name officially become monkeypie?

Hi, sujian: I will see you there on saturday. But, don't know if I can get in. I pmed you.

Hello: the new eric: getting on campus permit may be impossible. it is possible to get permits thru other companies. For example, circuit city provides monthly parking that u can buy. HTH

hum, i guess since you register for sdn or aim?
fine, would u like to be called monkey or pie?
j/k
i thought this forum is supposed to be annoynomous!
gee, i was just trying to follow the rule...

the "old" eric

otay, peeps.... here's the dealio. ;)

i asked Sarah Johnson at UCLA and confirmed it with the CDA... all we need to do is show up with our undergraduate school i.d. and fork over $25 to receive a dental student badge. I'm gonna bring my acceptance letter just in case i'll need some backup. Once we have the dental student badge, we are allowed entry into the exhibit hall, many of the lectures, the student table clinic competition, and the reception/mixer for dental students. Please let me know if you plan on attending so we can find a way to meet up!

Take care,
Sincerely, Sujain :D

Alright, just found out something from the website from class of 2005.
There are these officer positions for our class:
President,
VP,
secretary,
treasurer,
ADEA Rep,
ASDA Rep,
American Women Dental Association,
Asian Clinic Rep,
CDA Rep,
Curriculum Comm Rep,
Health Fair Rep

I am thinking about running for P or VP, is there anyone willing to be running with me?

Well, Eric,

You've got my vote! More power to you, man. Sure wish i had the guts to run, i used to love doing that sorta thing, but now i'm scared that i might not be able to juggle it all. <sigh!>

Doesn't the new sdn look GREAT?! I love it!!!

So, so far the head count to the CDA conference is you, Rita, and me, right? Anyone else coming too? I'll be there Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Not Sunday, though, cuz that's Sri Lankan New Year, and this island girl needs to get her party ON.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
Hugs, Sujain :p

o, I am saddened. we are not invited to the Sri Lankan New Year party =(

jk have fun on Sunday.

Thanks for your vote =) BTW, there should be more people going to CDA conference. I will let them expose themselves. CU next Saturday. We should meet somewhere so we could enjoy the event together. I will be at the UCSD Free Dental Clinic booth working shifts, so just come by and say hi to anyone there and ask for Eric, not Erick. Hope that we will find each other =)