Where are the best places to live near your school?

Miltown

"abandoned hospital ship"
Sep 23, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Status
Pre-Medical
I am going to be attending Nova this year, and I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a particular apartment complex or neighborhood. Preferably priced under 1000 dollars a month and most importantly, no major roach problems.

However, this thread doesn't need to be all about me. I'm sure it would be helpful for other prospective students if we got people to post good locations for all of the osteopathic schools. Thanks!

FutureCTDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Sunny South Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
Palm trace, Sunforest or just live in Rolling Hills.

NerdyAndrea

Pre-Med Student
Feb 10, 2010
At my school
Status
Pre-Medical
delete

Last edited:

FutureCTDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Sunny South Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
Hhhmm not Osteopathic, but the best places near UW are The U District itself, on campus graduate housing, Walingford, Greenlake, Eastlake, and if you don't mind a bit of a commute Ballard and Phinney Ridge.
However, this is the osteopathic forum and he specifically requested for DO schools NSU in particular.

NerdyAndrea

Pre-Med Student
Feb 10, 2010
At my school
Status
Pre-Medical
oops well I guess I can delete it's late my mind has finally given out on me normally I wouldn't post that.

rddoms

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I second Andrea's post, I really miss Seattle.

There are many good places to live in Kirksville. The only problem is that it is hard to find the people who rent the places. The best would probably be med row, the places across the street from the dental clinic, anywhere on the square, and Woodwinds. There are a lot of houses for rent too, and they are cheap!

If you want to buy, that is a good option. My mortgage payment was only $320 a month for a 2 bedroom house! Not bad if you ask me.

Superman DO

Oh crap, I'm really a doctor?
5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I second Andrea's post, I really miss Seattle.

There are many good places to live in Kirksville. The only problem is that it is hard to find the people who rent the places. The best would probably be med row, the places across the street from the dental clinic, anywhere on the square, and Woodwinds. There are a lot of houses for rent too, and they are cheap!

If you want to buy, that is a good option. My mortgage payment was only $320 a month for a 2 bedroom house! Not bad if you ask me.
Yay! This is where I am living in August! :) By the way, is anybody on here going to be my neighbors??