PharmDJH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
Anyone here about decision letters from FAMU yet? Summer is almost over and ive yet to hear anything?

longnguyen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
PharmDJH said:
Anyone here about decision letters from FAMU yet? Summer is almost over and ive yet to hear anything?
They decided to send them in September :laugh:

jaderok

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Haven't heard anything yet either. The summer semester isn't over until Aug 4 and I think they are waiting for famu students to finish up their pre-reqs before making a decision on transfer students. But apparently we have made it to the final cut because everytime I call they tell me that "if you haven't received a rejection letter by now that that is a good thing." Plus haven't some people received rejection letters already? This is a hard lession in patience.
I was wondering if anyone has called famu lately to see what the status is?

About the Ads

FAMU pharm

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
PharmDJH said:
I interviewed with FAMU on 7/17 and recieved an acceptance confirmation by phone yesterday 7/25. They said that i will recieve an acceptance package via mail in a few days.

OP
PharmDJH

PharmDJH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
FAMU pharm said:
I interviewed with FAMU on 7/17 and recieved an acceptance confirmation by phone yesterday 7/25. They said that i will recieve an acceptance package via mail in a few days.
Wow thats awesome congrats. Were you a transfer or a FAMU student and if you don't mind what were your stats

FAMU pharm

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
PharmDJH said:
Wow thats awesome congrats. Were you a transfer or a FAMU student and if you don't mind what were your stats

I am a transfer student from Broward community college.

GPA- 3.9
science GPA- 4.0
no pharm experience
never took the PCAT

jaderok

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
People BS on this "network" alot. I haven't heard anything about the pharmacy school being on probation. I know that the university is under alot of suspension in regards to the upper administrators and money. But I haven't really been following the story.

So back to the original subject of this thread...has anyone received anything from famu yet?

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
Like Jaderok said - there are some serious issues with the administration at FAMU - and I have read that the college of Pharmacy is somewhat involved (adjusting of grant money and the lack of statistical information regarding students). All of that is related to the administration though, and not the school. This is what I gathered from reading an article nearly 3 months ago... There is no probation though... and it doesn't look like there will be. FAMU is on par with UF and Nova for passing the NAPLEX (those statistics are posted)

At any rate - I hope you hear something soon...

~above~

fenil2005

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2005
Status
My friend got accepted by FAMU :D :D :D

His GPA 3.5,Hillsborough Community college(Tampa), he was member of the FAMU bridge program thats the key to get in!!!!

ageldred

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Status
Pharmacy Student
PharmDJH said:

Did you get in? Sallie Mae sent me something regarding my FAMU loans today, very strange. I was rejected from them in March. Odd indeed.

OP
PharmDJH

PharmDJH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
ageldred said:
Did you get in? Sallie Mae sent me something regarding my FAMU loans today, very strange. I was rejected from them in March. Odd indeed.
Still waiting. It sounds like some people have got it tho

lola69r

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Congrats to all who have gotten in...I got my acceptance letter yesterday, we have to send a form in by the 7th saying whether we accept or reject admission, so that they can ensure a full class by the time school starts. Three other people I know got in but have decided to go elsewhere, so hopefully more of you will hear something soon...Good Luck!

OP
PharmDJH

PharmDJH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
Haven't got mine yet but was wondering if any other transfer got in?

jaderok

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
That is what they have been saying since May. The semester ends today so I am guessing they will make their decisions next week. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

About the Ads