1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Where are the medical schools that have good schools for my kids?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Geoffro, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Geoffro

Geoffro Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I know I'm a bit away from applying, but one of the most influential things in deciding where to apply is the school district that my kids would attend.

Can anyone give some recommendations on areas that have good school districts?

Thanks!

Geoff :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My roomate in college went to high school in Lexington, MA. When she graduated, 16 people fom her PUBLIC school went to Harvard....I just mean to say that the public school system there is know to be excellent. I think it's like that in many parts of MA. I'm from FL, where it's the opposite.

4. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you attended U Pitt, you could live in the suburbs. Some of the best school districts in the US are in Pittsburgh. Fox Chapel (my alma mater), Mt. Lebanon, and North Allegheny are consistently placed in the top US Public Schools as ranked by Family Circle and Parenting magazines. Fox Chapel and Mt. Lebanon both have very competitive academic and athletic programs. My graduating class sent many to Ivy League and top 25 private schools. My best friend from college went to Mt. Lebanon and it was also the same with her school. If you'd like to see the website for FC its <www.fcasd.edu>.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Connecticut has some of the best public schools.

Definitely NOT Seattle, WA.

6. mma

mma Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

geoff,

I went to Boston public schools from kindergarten through 12th grade. I started in advanced programs when I was in the 4th grade and eventually went to an exam school (the oldest school in the country; an entrance exam and a certain GPA in math and English are required for acceptance...to the 7th grade!)--between 20 and 25 of our graduates go to Harvard every year and 99% of our graduates go to a 4-year college/university.

The suburban schools near Boston are also fabulous.

Good luck!

mma