Where are the medical schools that have good schools for my kids?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geoffro

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a bit away from applying, but one of the most influential things in deciding where to apply is the school district that my kids would attend.

Can anyone give some recommendations on areas that have good school districts?

Thanks!

Geoff :)

Members don't see this ad.

My roomate in college went to high school in Lexington, MA. When she graduated, 16 people fom her PUBLIC school went to Harvard....I just mean to say that the public school system there is know to be excellent. I think it's like that in many parts of MA. I'm from FL, where it's the opposite.

If you attended U Pitt, you could live in the suburbs. Some of the best school districts in the US are in Pittsburgh. Fox Chapel (my alma mater), Mt. Lebanon, and North Allegheny are consistently placed in the top US Public Schools as ranked by Family Circle and Parenting magazines. Fox Chapel and Mt. Lebanon both have very competitive academic and athletic programs. My graduating class sent many to Ivy League and top 25 private schools. My best friend from college went to Mt. Lebanon and it was also the same with her school. If you'd like to see the website for FC its <www.fcasd.edu>.

Members don't see this ad :)
Connecticut has some of the best public schools.

Definitely NOT Seattle, WA.

geoff,

I went to Boston public schools from kindergarten through 12th grade. I started in advanced programs when I was in the 4th grade and eventually went to an exam school (the oldest school in the country; an entrance exam and a certain GPA in math and English are required for acceptance...to the 7th grade!)--between 20 and 25 of our graduates go to Harvard every year and 99% of our graduates go to a 4-year college/university.

The suburban schools near Boston are also fabulous.

Good luck!

mma