Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

where are the red X's?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jimjones, Sep 17, 2001.

1. jimjones

jimjones Senior Member

Where are they? Are they to the left of the menu thing that's on the left side of the screen when you first log in? If so I still don't have any. :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jimjones

jimjones Senior Member

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Yup, that's where they're supposed to be. I don't have them either (submitted 7/25). I try not to look every day. Much better for the psyche.
    ;)

5. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member

There is hope! I submitted 6/28, got the red x's yesterday morning, and was verified this afternoon...

6. cali79

cali79 Member

I submitted on 7/10 and haven't been verified yet either. I finally called AMCAS today and apparently they lost my transcript so they couldn't verify my application. Also, they claim to have a transcript for a school I never went to!

7. jimjones

jimjones Senior Member

AMCAS is truly unbelievable. I don't see how they can do this to us and keep our money. What have they done for us to warrant our $500+???
    Wouldn't it have been so much easier to send a copy of our personal statements and extracurrics, a photocopy of our transcripts with the secondaries to each school. Then if they accept us, we get official transcripts sent for verification.

8. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member

i called AMCAS every day for three months. i submitted 6/26. i waited two weeks. then i called and found out that they hadn't received my check. i sent them another one and cancelled the first one. in the middle of july, i was on financial hold. apparently, they wanted to charge my credit card too. so, by the end of july, i was told that they would process me according to when i had submitted my application. i called them every week telling them that i hadn't been processed and friends who had submitted in july had red x's. then they said that there had been a computer glitch stating they didn't know when people had submitted so they were just processing randomly. i called every week for an entire month.

I FINALLY GOT RED X's.