Where are they now thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Repeat after me:

"I don't know everything.
I jam my dumb, knee jerk opinions into every thread, but I'm working on fixing it"

Are you mad?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I forget his screen name, but I miss that dude who went to Florida and wound up at Anderson Cancer Center in Texas...we had lots of good banter back in the day. ZPak comes and goes. A true board legend. Spiriva got married finally, thank god. But instead of just not whining about not being able to find a man, she just up and left completely.

I'm really the only constant on here other than BMB since the place got started, I think.

We need a big ass reunion.

Priapism? I remember when I was a junior in high school, lurking on these forums and asking you, Zpack, I think spiriva questions about pharmacy school lol. I used to love reading these forums. Now I'm a pharmacist so this thread and the names we are bringing up brings back nostalgia. :biglove:

Best posts from WVU2007 on Oreo O's and his car burning...

Friends with rxlea and njac! Z's words of wisdom.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Best posts from WVU2007 on Oreo O's and his car burning...

Friends with rxlea and njac! Z's words of wisdom.

Age, experience, and lots of reflection should provide one with some wisdom.

Glycerin had a baby last year.

I was thinking it was praziquantel that ended up at MDA, but I don't remember much about priapism. Maybe they work together!

Why was Humble Sloth banned? Why are so many members banned? I don't see them saying anything grossly inappropriate. I'm so confused about the TOS for SDN. Can someone shed some light on this?

Why was Humble Sloth banned? Why are so many members banned? I don't see them saying anything grossly inappropriate. I'm so confused about the TOS for SDN. Can someone shed some light on this?

Are you confused about where to find the TOS or how it's implemented by an admin? I could be wrong, but I don't think simply not "saying anything grossly inappropriate" is enough. I think the determination of "offensive" is taken in context and is probably based largely on whether there are personal attacks instead of attacks on arguments themselves, but I'm not admin. I'd imagine the inappropriate content gets deleted, so it may be hard to track down in the first place.

Are you confused about where to find the TOS or how it's implemented by an admin? I could be wrong, but I don't think simply not "saying anything grossly inappropriate" is enough. I think the determination of "offensive" is taken in context and is probably based largely on whether there are personal attacks instead of attacks on arguments themselves, but I'm not admin. I'd imagine the inappropriate content gets deleted, so it may be hard to track down in the first place.

How it's implemented by admin

I mean, the others I could understand confusion about, but Humble Sloth contributes literally nothing.
All they do is ****post about their anxiety regarding their financial future.

Reactions: 1 users
I mean, the others I could understand confusion about, but Humble Sloth contributes literally nothing.
All they do is ****post about their anxiety regarding their financial future.
I'm confused about all of them. I read old threads because I want to research my question first before posting a new one, and I see all these members banned and their advice was actually good. I don't get it.

You may think Humble Sloth contributes nothing, but what did he/she do that was against the TOS to get banned? I never saw Humble Sloth insult other people or use profanity.

I insult people and use profanity all the time. I also threatened to chop off a dental student's balls off with a pair of hedge clippers. Yet here I am.

People have been banned, here and elsewhere, because of PMs.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha have you read this forum or pre-pharmacy forum?

I don't really understand why some people take things so personally that they would report a user resulting in a ban. I've had people piss me off but I've never reported anyone. I welcome everyone, even the trolls. Trolls eventually give up anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
Glycerin had a baby last year.

I was thinking it was praziquantel that ended up at MDA, but I don't remember much about priapism. Maybe they work together!

Y'all remember me! I'm still around and occasionally stalking, just don't have time to post much anymore. Can neither confirm nor deny my current location....hope everyone is doing well! And glad to see Sparda's living the semi-honest life now too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Look at Seantrel Henderson. Prescribed medical marijuana for Crohns, and the NFL suspends him. You think losing a pharmacist license would be some major lost income?

Um yeah, it sure would be for me! Are you saying it wouldn't be for you?

Tried that but the longest it shows is from 2014.
You can always just go to the last page and look manually.. I did that recently and saw threads from 09 or so. No idea how far back it goes.

I've found old threads from 2001 (sometimes they are listed at the bottom of the page!) I'm not sure how easy it is to find old threads, but they are all there.

Sometimes, you can just use Google and it will pull up old threads.

Last edited:
I haven't seen All4MyDaughter in a while either, although maybe she doesn't post in the same threads I do.

Yeah, I was thinking of her the other day. Hope she and her family are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

:hello:

This is my first time logging in to SDN in a LOOOOONG time. I got very busy in corporate America for a few years and then took an academic position about a year ago. It's kept me snowed under. Thanks for asking about me! My family is doing well. Besides work, my 4YO and 5YO boys keep me hopping!

Reactions: 11 users

This is my first time logging in to SDN in a LOOOOONG time. I got very busy in corporate America for a few years and then took an academic position about a year ago. It's kept me snowed under. Thanks for asking about me! My family is doing well. Besides work, my 4YO and 5YO boys keep me hopping!

Glad to hear you are doing well....

Reactions: 2 users

So glad to hear that! Thanks for updating us.

Wow, I come back every once in a while and I see this thread. I never posted much except in the "will I get into pharmacy school with a 2.9GPA" type of threads in 2004-2005 years. When I got into pharmacy school, I ended up meeting a few SDN members during my first day of orientation. Small world.

I am shocked to read about Dr. M's situation since I also looked up to him. To be real honest, I actually found him (well, he gave out his email for questions in that long thread he started). I started my own independent and wanted to talk to him more but he stopped responding to my emails after a while. I can see why now after reading all the DOJ's paperwork on the situation.

I can't keep up with all the new schools, new problems of pharmacy. It seems like every 5 years, there's another issue for pharmacists to deal with.

August 2004 was my first activity on here. Lurked around for a few years and didn't post much. In 2006 I posted my first thread and immediately got my balls busted by you. A lot has happened since then!

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-future-of-retail-pharmacy.324464/

A lot may have happened since then. But nothing has changed...I continued to bust your balls and will continie to do so. ; )

All legends in that thread... and we genuinely liked and respecter each other.

OldTimer you still hanging in there with CVS?

Unfortunately, yes. I have golden handcuffs. There are no jobs. The jobs that are out there don't want a guy pushing sixty. I look on the bright side. They pay me a boatload of money. I work 4.5 miles from my house. I have a great staff. My field management respects me. On the down side, the culture of the company has changed from when I started. It's a fine work of art for the share holders, but for the employees, it's another world.

Maybe you can go part in the next couple of years?

I would love to work part time. The only barrier I can foresee for us would be health insurance.

Yep. I would retire now but with healthcare changes coming, what ever they may be, is the problem. Anyone near or over 60 will be thrown into high risk pools because we are a higher risk statistically. What will the monthly premiums be? God only knows. They say everyone will have access to health insurance but at what cost and will anyone be able to afford it. Might be able to go and get a job building the great wall.

Working part time would be nice but Old Timer nailed it when he said no jobs and nobody wants you when you are an older pharmacist. Really the way it is.

Yep. I would retire now but with healthcare changes coming, what ever they may be, is the problem. Anyone near or over 60 will be thrown into high risk pools because we are a higher risk statistically. What will the monthly premiums be? God only knows. They say everyone will have access to health insurance but at what cost and will anyone be able to afford it. Might be able to go and get a job building the great wall.

Working part time would be nice but Old Timer nailed it when he said no jobs and nobody wants you when you are an older pharmacist. Really the way it is.
Just wait until 65 like everyone else... when you have access to Medicare.

Besides, anyone can use 170k x 5yr to buff up retirement. That's 850k gross, about 600k after tax you can still accumulate for 5 yrs.

Sadly may have to.

Besides, anyone can use 170k x 5yr to buff up retirement. That's 850k gross, about 600k after tax you can still accumulate for 5 yrs.

175K a year? They hiring there ? Don't know anyone in my area that's close to that. Maybe if you want to work 70 hours a week? Ah, maybe one of those compounding pharmacies I read about. . Like the idea of being a snowbird working on the great wall.

Sadly may have to.

175K a year? They hiring there ? Don't know anyone in my area that's close to that. Maybe if you want to work 70 hours a week? Ah, maybe one of those compounding pharmacies I read about. . Like the idea of being a snowbird working on the great wall.
Oh, I just assume manager retail base rate is like 70/hr, with some OT (3 shifts/mo), 170k is not far fetched. At least that's how it is in CA.

If you are going to be a CVS PIC at 60, you would be lucky to be alive at 65. Then another 5 years and you are dead at 70.

This is what I don't get about a lot of the older pharmacists. You graduated with minimum student loan (if any). You just got a bachelor degree. You have worked for the last 30 years (the last 15 years have been good to you) and you still need to work until you are 65 like your average joe?

What the hell have you been doing with your money?

If you are going to be a CVS PIC at 60, you would be lucky to be alive at 65. Then another 5 years and you are dead at 70.

This is what I don't get about a lot of the older pharmacists. You graduated with minimum student loan (if any). You just got a bachelor degree. You have worked for the last 30 years (the last 15 years have been good to you) and you still need to work until you are 65 like your average joe?

The pay wasn't always as high as it is now. 65k-70k was the going rate as recent as 2000.

What have we been doing with our money. Hmmm well I started out with an independent in a small town near where I grew up at 7.50 per hour after licensed. Yes, things were cheaper then but 7.50 hour. Smaller school loans yes but 7.50 per hour live and pay the loans back. Lets see bought a house, had kids, gave them more opportunities than we ever had, paid for all of their college tuition and helped them get a start after they graduated. Don't think any of us are broke or poor so to speak but we didn't start out where the new grads are as far as money goes. Once you hit 55 to 60 you start seeing pharms you age written up for stupid things and gotten rid of. With the glut of new grads 4o to 45 will be the new 55 to 60. They will be cheaper and you aren't as important as you think. Also not all of us have or can get jobs anymore to work to 65. As far as retirement goes, yes I could retire, sell off some land , burn up my 401k etc but I for some weird reason I want to make sure my wife is taken care of after I am gone and that our kids will inherit a chunk of money to help them in their life. Personal choice but perhaps more common in the older generation I think. Health insurance is a big factor for us as it will be for you some day as you get older.

5 year degree for most of and with summer internships probably as much on the job training as your 6th year. But alas we are not called doctors. Dang.[/QUOTE]

I know a physician who closed his internal medicine practice, moved out to Denver, opened a chain of dispensaries and is a multi-millionaire now.
Ha! I knew it.

However, guilt about being a drug dealer prevents me from doing so. Not enough merchant genes

The pay wasn't always as high as it is now. 65k-70k was the going rate as recent as 2000.

Very helpful info. According to an inflation calculator, 70k in 2000 is almost 100k now. Which is meh and on the low side, certainly

If it could happen then, it could happen again

This of course does set up the curious dynamic whereby prospective pharmacists of the recent era were being taught and hired by people who couldn't break $70k (again, in fairness $100k now if calculator is correct) in job prospects and thought it was a good idea

Very helpful info. According to an inflation calculator, 70k in 2000 is almost 100k now. Which is meh and on the low side, certainly

If it could happen then, it could happen again

This of course does set up the curious dynamic whereby prospective pharmacists of the recent era were being taught and hired by people who couldn't break $70k (again, in fairness $100k now if calculator is correct) in job prospects and thought it was a good idea

Yes and before that those prospective pharmacists were taught by high school teachers couldn't even break $50k and thought teaching was a good career move. What a bunch of losers right?

I keep in touch with rxlea and used to be in touch with Caver but he seems to be off all social media now.

It's fun to see a bunch of you old timers around - Z, I always appreciated your advice. A4MD - great to "see" you too.
glad your "twins" are doing well. No idea how to managed 2 that close as babies. You are my hero.

Pharmacy has changed a lot since first signed up on SDN, that's for sure. And I'm certainly glad to be mid-career now vs starting out. I really don't envy you whipper snappers in school now. My residents have had some good job placement histories which is reassuring but it's an uncertain world now. Physician-extenders don't seem to be the key we once thought with the massive influx of midlevels. That was never really my jam anyway.

Here is my jam

Yes and before that those prospective pharmacists were taught by high school teachers couldn't even break $50k and thought teaching was a good career move. What a bunch of losers right?

Well actually yes, my teachers were pretty *****ic ;)

Wow it's been that long uh? Maybe an old timer like me can give me an overview of CT, anywhere around Farmington / Hartford. It looks like I am going to have to relocate at my old age. How is the job market? We can skip the weather..unless it gets colder than Canada. CVS seems to have quite few rxist jobs posted there , even few pharmacy manager. I find it suspicious that Ct doesn't seem super saturated. So close to New York. Anyway, any info anyone can volunteer will be greatly appreciated. Desirable towns, best study material for the ct law exam etc.. anything really.

Thanks.

PS: I've already searched the forum and didn't find much. My background is 100% retail but I am open to new adventures.