Where are we in the interview process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dodge This

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to expect interviews from these schools? Rochester, UCI, MCW, Penn, Boston. My apps were complete pretty late in the game--about the middle of October. I got confirmation from all of them that my app was under review a few weeks after sending them in and I haven't heard anything from all 5 in the past 3 months.

Also, what about UCSF? I just got their secondary a month ago and I was notified my app was complete last week. Is it too late there?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm almost positive that it is NOT too late for UCI.

What I really recommend is for you to call Gayle Pierce in the admissions office (949-824-5388) so that she will look at your app. If you don't add a little human touch you may get lost in the piles. She is an AWESOME person to have on your side (there are rumors that she secretly runs the whole place, they call her the gate-keeper! Also, she is by far one of the nicest ladies I've ever spoken to!)

Good Luck!!!!

I must second that. I'm an MS 1 at UCI, and Gayle indeed kicks ass! I've also heard that UCI is holding back some of their acceptances this year; apparently, this time last year, they'd almost filled the class, and they want to be able to give later interviewees more of a shot at making the roster, as opposed to the wait list. Good luck!

Well scratch Rochester off that list. Heard from them today. No interview.