• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

centersharpie

Pre-PA
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I know there is a thread already for 2013, but since the application for AMCAS will open up soon I was curious to see where everyone is applying. I'll start off first.

Possible Schools

Columbia
UMDNJ-RWJ
UMDNJ-NJMS
Rosalind Franklin
NYMC
Mt. Sinai
Morehouse
Howard
University of Illinois - Chicago

I think that is it so far. I know Im going to add a couple more to the list.

What schools are you guys looking at?

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
California resident here:

I'll be applying to all the UC's and Stanford...but I dont excpect to gain acceptances to most of those places just b/c CA is ridiculous like that.

Outside of cali i am not really sure...probably Dartmouth for sure, USF, Toledo.... and thats all that are solid right now.

I'll also be applying to a few DO schools, two in CA and a few scattered about.

About the Ads

ar2388

rads resident
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2007
New York, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
NY resident. applying to:

Mt. Sinai
NYU
Columbia
NYMC
Einstein
SUNY Downstate
Cornell
Harvard
Boston U
Tufts
Yale...

I may add more schools if i did crappily on the MCAT. will find out May 6th!! ahhh. gpa is prtty solid. 3.88 overall and 3.90 BCPM

ar2388

rads resident
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2007
New York, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i cant believe that the rest of you havent chosen schools. come on we are all crazy pre meds who probably have decided where to apply like 3 years ago.. well at least i am :(:hungover::banana:

trojanMD

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
I have been waiting since I was in the womb to apply to med school! :banana::banana:Here is my list as of now:

UCs, Stanford, USC
Northwestern, U of Chicago, Loyola
NYU, Cornell, COlumbia
AECOM, Tulane, Temple, Tufts, GW, Georgetown, Case Western, OSU, U Pitt, Dartmouth, U of Mich, Mt. Sanai, Wake Forest, U of Miami

Yea i have quite a few reach schools, especially for my stats, but I can still dream. Being a Cali resident definately doesnt help things, but lets see how things pan out!:corny::corny:

Pedsbro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2008
Midwest (But always a Cali kid at heart)
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
California resident here:

I'll be applying to all the UC's and Stanford...but I dont excpect to gain acceptances to most of those places just b/c CA is ridiculous like that.

Outside of cali i am not really sure...probably Dartmouth for sure, USF, Toledo.... and thats all that are solid right now.

I'll also be applying to a few DO schools, two in CA and a few scattered about.

Another Cali resident here currently doing an SMP in Cincinnati and applying this June. First, Cali schools are horrible at accepting their own residents...but, like ryserr, I'll be rolling the dice and applying to all the UC's (all 5). Doubt I'll apply to Stanford...I figure UC San Fran will be my "longshot" school. Also will be applying to:
USC
Univ of Cincinnati (duh)
Toledo
Wright State
Maryland
George Wash
Loyola
Boston
Tufts
Temple
Drexel
St Louis Univ

and probably others...just got the new MSAR so I'm still looking. I'm also applying to several DO schools...Western (CA), MidWestern (AZ), PCOM (Philly), and maybe 1 or 2 others. I'm undecided whether to apply to Texas schools...they're almost impossible for an out of state app to get into, but I do have some ties there.
My brother, who's a doctor, always told me to cast a wide net when it comes to applying to med schools, but at the same time, make sure you're very willing to go to any school you apply to...they can spot a fake easily!

riceman04

15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I should have my list ready by June 1st....but I have approx 7 more schools to look at b4 I determine my list of 30+ (no more than 35...but not including the UT schools)...yeah...a mess....but I can give you definites:

USC
Penn
Vandy
Baylor
UCLA
UCSD
UCD
UCI
Baylor
Howard
Meharry
UCLA-Drew
UWash
UTHouston
UTSouthwestern
UTSanAntonio
UTGalveston

and more to come

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.