Where are you applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morgan

Registered Luser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not applying to medical school yet, but it would be very helpful if you guys could list the schools you are applying to. It would be even more helpful if you could include your GPA and MCAT, and maybe even list the schools in order of your favorites, but I won't get my hopes up. ;)

So. Anyone going to bite???

Members don't see this ad.

visit mdapplicants.com :)

Members don't see this ad :)
morgan said:
I'm not applying to medical school yet, but it would be very helpful if you guys could list the schools you are applying to. It would be even more helpful if you could include your GPA and MCAT, and maybe even list the schools in order of your favorites, but I won't get my hopes up. ;)

So. Anyone going to bite???

It is different for everyone. One very important factor is you state of residency. I would recommend buying a copy of the latest Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR) book. You can order it online at www.aamc.org for $25. It is well worth it.

mdapplicants.com might be interesting to you too, but keep in mind that the GPA and MCAT of people on that site tends to be significantly above the averages at any given medical school.

tacrum43 said:
mdapplicants.com might be interesting to you too, but keep in mind that the GPA and MCAT of people on that site tends to be significantly above the averages at any given medical school.

not me... doing my part to lower the bell curve :)

to the OP, like others have said, your inquiry would best be served using MSAR and MDapplicants.com.

I would NOT look at mdapplicants.com for average med school stats... use the MSAR. Mdapps will scare the crap out of you once u see the profiles. You will feel inferior because everyone has either amazing stats or made-up profiles... It is not a good representation of typical pre-meds. It's useful for tracking people's progress through applications. Just my 2 cents.

Punisher said:
I would NOT look at mdapplicants.com for average med school stats... use the MSAR. Mdapps will scare the crap out of you once u see the profiles. You will feel inferior because everyone has either amazing stats or made-up profiles... It is not a good representation of typical pre-meds. It's useful for tracking people's progress through applications. Just my 2 cents.

mdapplicants isn't the best place to look for average stats, but it definitely would be useful as far as the OP wanting to see lists of schools people applied to matched up with their stats

I just want to reinforce other posters that said do NOT look at mdapplicants. It is not just skewed, it is also full of people that just like to invent fantasy realities for themselves. For example, according to the MSAR, nobody scored 45 on the MCAT in 2004, but according to mdapplicants, a number of people did.

In addition to the MSAR, your best bet is to talk to a counselor and develop some self-esteem so that you don't feel it necessary to compare yourself to others. lol