Where Are You (for celebratory purposes)? All States includ.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

If You're Up for Celebrating, where will you be?

• ME/NH/VT/Up State NY

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • MA/RI/CT

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • DE/MD/DC/NoVa

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • WV/rest of VA

• NC/SC

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • GA/FL

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • OH/IN/MI/IL

Votes: 38 22.4%
  • KY/TN

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • MS/LA/AR/AL

• MO/IA/MN/WI

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • ND/SD/NE

• KS/OK

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • TX (y'all are big)

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • MO/WY/ID/OR/WA (hey they group you for apps)

• No. Cali (perhaps OR and WA would rather click here)

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • So. Cali/NV

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • CO/UT/AZ/NM (4 corners perfect meet up point)

• AK/Canada

• HI

• Puerto Rico, other U.S. territories

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Outside the United States

• Total voters

VandyXGirl

Doppleganger
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright to stop the forum bantering here is a poll with all the states. I did my best to try and combine some based on geographic location. If you feel you are closer to another state grouping because you are borderline, well click there if you so please. Again, MD/DV/NoVaers, par-tay in DC. Time, date, and place TBD (sorry Peri so starting a new thread but I didn't think you could edit a poll)

Members don't see this ad.

What the hell? You left out NJ again, and you only included upstate NY instead of the whole state. WTF!? :mad:

give up on making polls.
YOU FORGOT NEW JERSEY AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright to stop the forum bantering here is a poll with all the states. I did my best to try and combine some based on geographic location. If you feel you are closer to another state grouping because you are borderline, well click there if you so please. Again, MD/DV/NoVaers, par-tay in DC. Time, date, and place TBD (sorry Peri so starting a new thread but I didn't think you could edit a poll)

I'm about 45 mins away from DC and def up for a party :D

California by way of Ohio. California, always a good decision.

OMG I forgot NY/NJ/PA. GAH it was on the top of my list!!! Can a Mod possibly fix this poll? I am officially incompetent and it is time to go home.

No, it's time to go to the map store and buy yourself a US map.

Burn.

lol ouch.

i just noticed she didn't make the first poll though.........
so whoever made the first one is even worse.

Well, I think it's a great idea, and that to poll... err... is human.

Right in the middle of Bush-country, Texas.

lol i live in miami so im closer to cuba than georgia

Indiana, right on the Illinois state line (about 3 hrs south of Chicago)

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, you used the term NoVa. I'm impressed.

lol ouch.

i just noticed she didn't make the first poll though.........
so whoever made the first one is even worse.

No, because she knew what was wrong with the first poll and still made the mistakes!

Nah, it's okay. It's not really a big deal. :laugh:

Hmmm, you put Canada together with Alaska.

Well, they do border each other. I just didn't want the Canadians to feel as if they couldn't join in with the par-tay. Please, gather and celebrate getting in to med school!

lol i live in miami so im closer to cuba than georgia

I mentioned that I did my best with the geographic locations. I had to lump some states together otherwise there would be 51 (50 states + DC) different options. I suppose FL could have gone to themselves but then I had no one to pair GA with... (seriously, I put too much thought into this)

wow, you used the term NoVa. I'm impressed.

Yeah, I'm from right outside DC, but on the MD side. DC metro area represent! What what?

No, because she knew what was wrong with the first poll and still made the mistakes!

Nah, it's okay. It's not really a big deal. :laugh:

Sad thing is, I DID look at a map to make this poll, and I listed out all the groupings on scrap paper and counted to make sure I didn't forget any (first time around I forgot Wisconsin). Just when I was going down my list on the actual poll I forgot the "rest of NY/NJ/PA" group. It's just ridiculous that it was the exact same block that got forgotten. But I did get Colorado this time! I also had to look up some of the state abbrevs because I forgot them. I officially have no life.

Well, they do border each other. I just didn't want the Canadians to feel as if they couldn't join in with the par-tay. Please, gather and celebrate getting in to med school!

I mentioned that I did my best with the geographic locations. I had to lump some states together otherwise there would be 51 (50 states + DC) different options. I suppose FL could have gone to themselves but then I had no one to pair GA with... (seriously, I put too much thought into this)

Yeah, I'm from right outside DC, but on the MD side. DC metro area represent! What what?

Sad thing is, I DID look at a map to make this poll, and I listed out all the groupings on scrap paper and counted to make sure I didn't forget any (first time around I forgot Wisconsin). Just when I was going down my list on the actual poll I forgot the "rest of NY/NJ/PA" group. It's just ridiculous that it was the exact same block that got forgotten. But I did get Colorado this time! I also had to look up some of the state abbrevs because I forgot them. I officially have no life.

I give you credit for the effort (but then again I have no life either).

How does one forget NYC??

Please, I love NYC! :love: After spending a summer there I want to go back so bad. I actually almost made it a separate choice but changed around the combos on my scrap paper, poll thread rough draft. <---b/c I am so cool (sarcasm)

You must be smoking something...So Cal and Nevada are totally different!!!!!

Nev. cant touch Cali!!! As for separating Nor Cal from So. Cal...that's on point (read you did a good job)!!!! Those weirdos up there can't touch this....hammer time:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Texas here - and AggieSarah2007 and I have been talking about trying to get a Houston or Dallas meet organized. Would anyone else be interested?

How dare you group IA and MN together with WI and MO--you must not be familiar with the Midwest

Hampton Roads VA anyone?!

Geez everyone on SDN gets so offended all the time. Maybe I'll become a donor just so I can delete this thread. le sigh.

:laugh: "WV/rest of VA" ????? Makes it sound like WV is just a part of VA and not its own state. Poor Virginia, east coast is combined with WV but its northern part is plucked out to be joined with Delaware. Perhaps you should join western VA with Kentucky and central with North Carolina?

Don't waste your money. Just ask a mod to do it.

Mod please fix my poll. ok, thanks bye. (Basically, I don't know how to formally ask so I'll just beg and plead until it's done for me :))

Indianapolis, IN...home of the Super Bowl champion Colts :-D

ohio, indiana, michigan, illinois ? that's a huge group and segment of the population. But we'd all go to Chicago anyways... I don't think Cleveland/Indianapolis/Detroit can compete

CANADA...Toronto, Ontario. Go Raptors!!

Hmmm, you put Canada together with Alaska.

I know that WashU has a subcommittee for Alaska & Canadian applicants...seems like others just group em together too.