Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Where can i buy Lorenzo's Oil? Urgent...

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by kin, Mar 13, 2002.

1. kin

kin New Member

Have you ever heard of a disease called Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)? This is an X-linked genetic disorder disease. I am a Taiwan student and read a story from a newspaper. In Taiwan, there is a family which both sons get this disease and now seeking for Lorenzo's Oil. This is a real story and i wanna help. If anyone know where Lorenzo's Oil is available, please send me a e-mail so that their parents can get hands on it.
    Thanks for your attention!
    my e-mail: [email protected]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. edmadison

edmadison 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Uh, I think the original poster is looking for the actual oil, not the movie.

Try looking at support groups on the net. They can probably point you in the right direction.

Ed

4. jasmine

jasmine Member

I had a friend who worked at this organization...

<a href="http://www.myelin.org/" target="_blank">http://www.myelin.org/</a>

There's a link on the site to international contacts. Don't think there are any in Asia but it's a start. You can't buy the oil from this org but they can point you in the right direction.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Big Poppa Pump

the original guy that found lorenzo's oil is a prof at hopkins (or was) med school. i dont know much more about it than that, but that might be a starting point too...

6. medgirl02

medgirl02 Guest

Um, the original discovery of Lorenzo's oil was made by two ordinary parents of a child with adrenoleukodystrophy, not a Hopkins physician.

7. intraining

intraining Junior Member

hmm I don't have Lorenzo's oil but I have some vegetable oil in my kitchen if you want some.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kin:
    <strong>Have you ever heard of a disease called Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)? This is an X-linked genetic disorder disease. I am a Taiwan student and read a story from a newspaper. In Taiwan, there is a family which both sons get this disease and now seeking for Lorenzo's Oil. This is a real story and i wanna help. If anyone know where Lorenzo's Oil is available, please send me a e-mail so that their parents can get hands on it.
    my e-mail: [email protected]</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

8. mdnd

mdnd Junior Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If anyone know where Lorenzo's Oil is available, please send me a e-mail so that their parents can get hands on it.
    my e-mail: [email protected][/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kin;
    One of the original Doctors that worked with Lorenzo's parents now has her own company. I do not have her number right now but if you call Dr. Smith or Dr. Fitzpatrick a the University of Natural Medicine in Santa Fe, New Mexico they may be able to help you. Make sure to mention that you are looking for the developers of Lorenzo's oil that now have a company that does diagnostic analysis at cellular level, particularly lipids and amino acids. Their web page is <a href="http://www.universitynaturalmedicine.org/" target="_blank">http://www.universitynaturalmedicine.org/</a>
    Dr. Smith is a very busy Dr. so good luck! Should you need further assistance please let me know.
    Good Luck and hope this helps

9. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by medgirl123:
    <strong>Um, the original discovery of Lorenzo's oil was made by two ordinary parents of a child with adrenoleukodystrophy, not a Hopkins physician.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The two parents did help to determine that Lorenzo's Oil could be used to treat ALD, but they did not discover it. :)