Where can I complete pharmacy school prereqs after graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

I will be graduating from my university after next quarter, but I still need to fulfill Organic lab 2 and 3. Can I take these at my local state school (since I live far away from university) after graduation? Would it look bad to adcoms if I took these classes at a community college?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be graduating from my university after next quarter, but I still need to fulfill Organic lab 2 and 3. Can I take these at my local state school (since I live far away from university) after graduation? Would it look bad to adcoms if I took these classes at a community college?

Take them where ever it's best for you.

As long as you fulfil the requirements it should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you fulfil the requirements it should be fine.

Okay sounds good. I'm just concerned if taking classes at a community college would negatively effect my chances of getting in. Maybe I should call some schools to ask for advice.

I completed my first two years at a CC, then transferred to a university for my bachelors. I did ALL of my prereqs at my CC and got in this cycle just fine. :) good luck!

You are fine, just get a decent grade.

I know you only stated Organic Chemistry classes but if you have any others like Biochemistry or Microbiology, make sure that the school you are applying to will take CC credits because some do not.

I know you only stated Organic Chemistry classes but if you have any others like Biochemistry or Microbiology, make sure that the school you are applying to will take CC credits because some do not.

Yea I already completed biochem and microbio so I just need to take Ochem lab 2 & 3. I'll still make sure if the schools will take CC credits for ochem lab.