Where Can I find examples of Personal Statements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Opallife

Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey - I am going to be applying for the c/o 2010 and I wanted to start working on my personal statement. I thought it might be helpful to read through some so I can get an idea of what direction I should be heading in. Is there a website where I can find some examples??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The book "Essays That Will Get You Into Medical School" (under $10 on Amazon.com) is what I used to help me get started. It has many, many examples of various essays written by people who were supposedly accepted into the top med schools in the country. I had no clue where to start or what the heck a personal statement should look like, so I bought this book in order to help me get a (very) general idea about how to approach and format the PS. Overall, I was pretty happy with the book. Keep in mind that most (all) of the PS will have to come from you, not this book, but if you have no clue about what you are suppose to do, then this book will at least get you started in the right direction.

Opallife said:
Hey - I am going to be applying for the c/o 2010 and I wanted to start working on my personal statement. I thought it might be helpful to read through some so I can get an idea of what direction I should be heading in. Is there a website where I can find some examples??

Thanks!
Send me a PM if you'd like more info.

Opallife said:

Thanks!

Here are a few. Use as a guideline. Best personal statement is one that you truly feel represents who you are and what you wish to become.

http://www.accepted.com/medical/sampleessays.aspx