Where can I find money for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GCC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need money for medical school. I applied for the NHSC Scholarship, but I would like to know where else I can apply, just in case that falls through. The medical school isn't giving very much, I am already in debt with loans and have no desire to go more in debt, and I don't want to go military. What can you suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a RICH relative who can help finance your medical education? If not(like the majority of us) then your just going to have to gut it out in student loans if you really want to fulfill your dream in becoming a physician.

There are small scholarships out there that may help tremendously & you can inquire about them through your medical school's financial aid office. But I believe the only scholarships that will help finance your entire tution are the ones you have just mentioned. Its a tough decision, but majority of us who attend medical school live by the loan so you won't be alone if you have to. Good luck!!!
biggrin.gif

Rob
WesternU/COMP MS II