1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Where can I find money for med school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by GCC, Mar 20, 2000.

1. GCC

GCC Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I need money for medical school. I applied for the NHSC Scholarship, but I would like to know where else I can apply, just in case that falls through. The medical school isn't giving very much, I am already in debt with loans and have no desire to go more in debt, and I don't want to go military. What can you suggest?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Future DOc

Future DOc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Do you have a RICH relative who can help finance your medical education? If not(like the majority of us) then your just going to have to gut it out in student loans if you really want to fulfill your dream in becoming a physician.

There are small scholarships out there that may help tremendously & you can inquire about them through your medical school's financial aid office. But I believe the only scholarships that will help finance your entire tution are the ones you have just mentioned. Its a tough decision, but majority of us who attend medical school live by the loan so you won't be alone if you have to. Good luck!!! [​IMG]

Rob
    WesternU/COMP MS II