where can i get grain alcohol/ 95-99% alcohol for wax carving use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamee01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU!

TRIED wallgreens, cvs, home depot.... no luck

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
At our school, they allow us to fill up a little opaque nalgene bottle (250mL i think) full of alcohol if we want to wax on the weekend. Can you buy one and fill it up at school? Or you could get an electric waxer on eBay...

At our school, they allow us to fill up a little opaque nalgene bottle (250mL i think) full of alcohol if we want to wax on the weekend. Can you buy one and fill it up at school? Or you could get an electric waxer on eBay...

:eek:

Just don't set it too close to your other nalgene bottle or else you'd be in for a rude awakening when quenching your thirst after hours of late night waxing.

Edit: Oh... I think you are referring to a laboratory type nalgene bottle and not the ones from REI. Not funny anymore.

Last edited:
I would fill up your torch at school and bring it home. But if you can't, you can buy a can of denatured alcohol or methylated spirits at Home Depot.

i worked at CVS in the pharmacy. We could special order denatured alcohol. As long as you come in by 8pm, we would have it next day by noon. No extra charge. If I remember correctly it was like 6 bucks for a 500ml bottle.