• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Where can I go to learn more about the Medicare reimbursement landscape?

2gunornot2gun

Jan 14, 2012
    I always hear that everything is getting slashed and that all salaries are declining from medicare reimbursement changes...

but I've never once seen any type of source. Are there some articles that can get me acquainted to the topic?

About the Ads

Slack3r

Sicker than your average
    10+ Year Member
    Jul 23, 2008
      Hint: CMS is on the left.
      images

Shnurek

Membership Revoked
      Removed
      10+ Year Member
      Apr 10, 2010
      NYC
      1. Optometry Student
        Ophthalmology/Optometry: OCT diagnostic imaging got cut by now you get paid the same whether you scan one eye or both eyes and instead of $100 per scan it is now $50 at least in my area. Also intravitreal injections were cut by 25%. My boss the ophthalmologist was on the floor saying, "we don't make money anymore".

O ya and if you work rural Medicare will pay you 10% more for everything.

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
        Volunteer Staff
        Lifetime Donor
        10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        May 22, 2008
        Deep in the heart of Texas
        1. Attending Physician
          Go to the CMS website and find everything yourself. Since this is all government stuff it's all publicly available.

By the way, actually accessing that information is all but impossible. My bet is the average person is either incapable or not determined enough to find data on government websites. I'd like to think that I'm fairly intelligent and it took about an hour and a half for me to find a list of procedures and the rates (in RVUs) Medicare reimburses for them.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.