Where can I go to learn more about the Medicare reimbursement landscape?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2gunornot2gun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I always hear that everything is getting slashed and that all salaries are declining from medicare reimbursement changes...

but I've never once seen any type of source. Are there some articles that can get me acquainted to the topic?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hint: CMS is on the left.
images

Ophthalmology/Optometry: OCT diagnostic imaging got cut by now you get paid the same whether you scan one eye or both eyes and instead of $100 per scan it is now $50 at least in my area. Also intravitreal injections were cut by 25%. My boss the ophthalmologist was on the floor saying, "we don't make money anymore".

O ya and if you work rural Medicare will pay you 10% more for everything.

Go to the CMS website and find everything yourself. Since this is all government stuff it's all publicly available.

By the way, actually accessing that information is all but impossible. My bet is the average person is either incapable or not determined enough to find data on government websites. I'd like to think that I'm fairly intelligent and it took about an hour and a half for me to find a list of procedures and the rates (in RVUs) Medicare reimburses for them.

I'd like to think that I'm fairly intelligent and it took about an hour and a half for me to find a list of procedures and the rates (in RVUs) Medicare reimburses for them.

Can you post the link please

This is probably the best site to find how much medicare reimburses for any particular procedure.