Where did the Osteopaths Match???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shodddy18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the osteopathic match was yesterday, just curious where everyone matched.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow! I figgured that the day after the osteopathic matche everyone would be going crazy talking about where they are headed... I guess I was wrong!

They must be busy drinking.... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure many folks on SDN do the osteopathic family medicine match. There are a few, but they are in the minority.

I believe this will continue to be the case until the AOA decides to stop spending money on advertising DOs to the world and starts focusing on improving the quality graduate osteopathic medical education.

I'm not sure many folks on SDN do the osteopathic family medicine match. There are a few, but they are in the minority.

I believe this will continue to be the case until the AOA decides to stop spending money on advertising DOs to the world and starts focusing on improving the quality graduate osteopathic medical education.

I was under the impression that DO family medicine post-graduate education is very strong. Am I way off on this?

I was under the impression that DO family medicine post-graduate education is very strong. Am I way off on this?

The better DO FM programs are the dual approved programs. Seems interesting that most those that are are now dual approved are also programs that were historically unable to fill in the ACGME match. Just my observation and opinion.

It's strong in the sense that they have many of their grads go into primary care. But let's just say many (most of the ones I know) don't apply to osteopathic match. The reason being is that if they happen to like an ACGME program better, but end up matching with an osteopathic program, then they're stuck with that program and withdrawn from the ACGME match. This goes for everything, not just FM.