Where did you go for Undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noneotherthanoz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone.

this thread has probably been done before, but for curiosity sake, i was wondering where everyone went for their undergrad/masters. i know a bunch of us are getting ready to take the GREs and amping up for the application process... think of this as an ice breaker.

i guess i'll go first.

Just graduated from UC San Diego with a BA in Psych. Applying to both experimental and clinical PhD programs this fall!

Members don't see this ad.

SUNY Buffalo

BA Psych, BS Business Admin/Human Resource Management

Plus part of an business accounting and computer science degree too.

Just finished first year of grad school.

BA in Psychology from NYU
Starting my PsyD in School Psych this fall :)

Members don't see this ad :)
BA (Hons) in Psychology at the University of Manitoba.

Just finished my first year of my clinical psych PhD, now in my first clerkship.

The University of Kentucky

The University of Notre Dame
BA Psychology and Computer Applications

Just finished my first year of graduate school as well. If there are any Domers on the board, please get in touch!

Northern Kentucky University (medium sized school outside of Cincinnati, OH).

Erg-> I didn't know you went to UK! My boyfriend went there for 4 years and I love Lexington (its about an hour and a half away from me). Ever go to Keeneland?

Undergrad
Salem College:small (<500) all women's liberal arts college in Winston-Salem, NC
BA in Psychology and Communication.

Graduate
Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
Master of Health Science

Starting first year in Clinical Psych Ph.D. this fall.

Last edited:
I went to The University of Texas, San Antonio (UTSA),

BA Psych (Honors), Summa Cum Laude

Just finished 1st Year at USUHS.

The University of North Texas; Denton, TX

BA in Psychology from NYU
Starting my PsyD in School Psych this fall :)

When did you graduate? I just graduated in May from NYU with a BA in psych, too. And I'm also interested in School Psych. Woohoo. :)

When did you graduate? I just graduated in May from NYU with a BA in psych, too. And I'm also interested in School Psych. Woohoo. :)

Hi fellow NYU'er!

I graduated in 2006. If you have any questions about applying to school psych programs, pm me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
California Polytechnic University in Pomona, BA Psych, minor in Philosophy.

Looking at applying to PsyD programs this Fall.

Virginia Commonwealth University with a BS in Psychology and a BA in Painting.

I just graduated from NYU with a BA in psych also. :) Going to a Clinical Psy.D program this fall.

Northern Kentucky University (medium sized school outside of Cincinnati, OH).

Erg-> I didn't know you went to UK! My boyfriend went there for 4 years and I love Lexington (its about an hour and a half away from me). Ever go to Keeneland?

Of course..DUH...:laugh:. I grew up in Louisville, where my father was a sport journalist/broadcaster....so I spent my entire childhood at Churchill Downs. Keeneland had a great more "old timey" feel though...I liked it. I loved Lexington too. I'll never forget being able to rent a 2 bedroom house for only 500/month...lol. Ask him if he went to the Fishtank.

So many NYUers! Thanks, though, schoolpsych. You probably will be getting PMs from me. I've really just started looking through some programs and considering where I want to apply. So many things to think about!

And causeeffect -- congrats!! That's awesome! I wonder if we had any classes together. :laugh: Did you do the honors psych track by any chance? Cause then I'll definitely know you.

Of course..DUH...:laugh:. I grew up in Louisville, where my father was a sport journalist/broadcaster....so I spent my entire childhood at Churchill Downs. Keeneland had a great more "old timey" feel though...I liked it. I loved Lexington too. I'll never forget being able to rent a 2 bedroom house for only 500/month...lol. Ask him if he went to the Fishtank.

Yeah I love Keeneland, I'm hoping to get there this summer before I move. We have Turfway here in Northern Kentucky which races on Keeneland's off season but its not even remotely the same (although they do have dollar drafts/hot dogs/bets nights, so thats nice). I like Louisville too, almost ended up at UL. My bf used to live right by the Fishtank but he says he never actually went there. We used to frequent Tolly Ho's though (sp?), I love their cheesy tots.

Yes, well, my wife grew up here in northern California (Napa Valley). She has never seen a horse race in her life....:laugh:

On a separate note, Tolley Ho made me ralph on several occasions (or was it all the keg beer that did that?), so:thumbdown: for them.
I also lived near the Fishtank during my undergrad years 2000-2003. When was he there?

And just to make it more interesting....my mother lives in Orlando. I applied to UCF too when i was applying. If you're getting work with Jeff Bedwell there, then I must destroy you....:)

Last edited:
x

Last edited:
Not a psychologist, but A.B. Brown University ('98), History with a focus on modern East Asia. Post-bac pre-med at West Chester U of PA and then Pitt Med ('04).

Last edited:
BA Psych U of Illinois, Chicago

Class of 1997 baby

(I'm old)

Yes, well, my wife grew up here in northern California (Napa Valley). She has never seen a horse race in her life....:laugh:

On a separate note, Tolley Ho made me ralph on several occasions (or was it all the keg beer that did that?), so:thumbdown: for them.
I also lived near the Fishtank during my undergrad years 2000-2003. When was he there?

And just to make it more interesting....my mother lives in Orlando. I applied to UCF too when i was applying. If you're getting work with Jeff Bedwell there, then I must destroy you....:)

Lol, I can see why Tolly Ho may be out for you then. He was there from 2001 to 2005, he lived on Maxwell (I think). This is such a small world. No, I'm not working with Dr. Bedwell although I did do a group interview with him and he's working on some amazing stuff (he pretty much used the interview time to tell us about his research, although I didn't mind since it was the last stop for the day).

BA in Psych from San Diego State University three years ago. Finished M.S. in Pysch last year and will be starting my Ph.D. in Clinical Psych with neuropsych emphasis this fall.

I did my undergrad at University of Rochester, B.A. in Psychology and Comparative Literature.

University of Utah

B.S. in Psychology; B.S. in Sociology

Starting grad school this fall!

Undergrad '05: Baylor University (wacko, TX)
Psychology / Sociology

Grad (masters) '07: Pepperdine University
Psychology (clinical focus)

Grad (masters) '10: University of Hartford
Clinical Psychology

Grad (doctoral) 12': University of Hartford
Clinical Psychology

Boston University - '06

Last edited:
University of Kentucky Class of 2008

And yes, I frequent Tolly Ho. Not so much with the Fishtank.

Who did you work with while you were there. I worked with Giancola for 3 years.

Glad to see all these NYC peeps up in here! I went to Columbia University for undergrad, class of '04. BA in psychology and history.

Undergrad:
Western Connecticut: B.A., Psychology

Grad:
Boston University: M.Ed., Counseling
Boston University '09: CAGS, Counseling

Iona College: BA, Psychology '99, MA Psychology, Experimental Concentration, '02

It's in Westchester, a county right above The Bronx.

Starting Rutgers, Social Psych PhD ('11 or '13, depending on how many MA credits transfer over).

Havahd

Go Celtics!!

How is the clinical program at Harvard? Do you know if they are accredited yet? I think it would be really cool to have classes in William James Hall. I was looking at their clinical science program.

Faber College until that evil Dean Wormer and his cronies in the Omega house had my friends and I in the Delta house expelled, but we had our revenge on them! Then I transferred to and graduated from Whatsamatta University where I studied psychology under the tutelage of Professor Bullwinkle J. Moose! Needless to say, my academic pedigree opens up many doors! :laugh:

By the way, how many were actually in fraternities and sororities?

Please notice my signature quote

Faber College until that evil Dean Wormer and his cronies in the Omega house had my friends and I in the Delta house expelled, but we had our revenge on them! Then I transferred to and graduated from Whatsamatta University where I studied psychology under the tutelage of Professor Bullwinkle J. Moose! Needless to say, my academic pedigree opens up many doors! :laugh:

By the way, how many were actually in fraternities and sororities?

Faber College/The Delta House are based on Dartmouth College/the Alpha Delta (AD) fraternity.

Last edited:
x

Last edited:
Yesssss. Faber College/The Delta House are based on Dartmouth College/the Alpha Delta (AD) fraternity. AD has only slightly cleaned up their act since then.

What? Over? Did you say OVER? NOTHING is over until WE DECIDE IT IS!

[warning, language]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpSFExhRdBA[/youtube]

Last edited:
University of Kansas, double BA in Psychology and German. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

BA: San Francisco State University - '04

Yesssss. Faber College/The Delta House are based on Dartmouth College/the Alpha Delta (AD) fraternity. AD has only slightly cleaned up their act since then.

What? Over? Did you say OVER? NOTHING is over until WE DECIDE IT IS!

[warning, language]

[youtube]PpSFExhRdBA[/youtube]

Has anyone heard from Daniel Simpson, aka D-Day? How can his whereabouts be unknown? The guy has to be a psychologist, right? After all, rumor has it that both T4C and RayneeDeigh both got into clinical psych programs because they were able to tap out the William Tell Overture on their throats! I tried it in an interview but it backfired since I tapped the melody out on the professor's throat! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfOKmr64k_I