Where did you match (because its a tradition)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floridaboy18

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets get it started!

Happy to say I matched at my number 1, Wake Forest! Stoked to continue my next four years as a Demon Deacon!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hollywood Upstairs Medical College for Knocking People Out, my number 1 choice!

I suppose it is possible that programs simply put more of their total spots in the match than outside of the match than last year. We will have to wait for NRMP to publish their detailed data on this years match.

I match at Indiana University, but was unsuccessful in matching into a prelim spot. I am a D.O doing a TRI currently. I am worried I will loose my spot if i do not find a Prelim spot

any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you dense? I already answered your question for you in the thread you started. If you are worried just call Dr. Nakata and ask him. He is a good guy.

University of Kentucky, #1. Congrats to All!

How many total spots available for anesthesia this year? How does that compare to 2010 and 2011?
Why was ER so difficult to match into this year? Popularity?

I'm going to Mt Sinai as well (my #2)! So excited to be in NYC!

It seemed like every other person I talked to in my class wanted to do EM. I have no idea why- I'm dreading the month I will have to do as an intern.

Well, I do know why. They think the schedule and freedom when you aren't at the hospital seem nice...nevermind that they actually have to do the job they're signing up for.

How many total spots available for anesthesia this year? How does that compare to 2010 and 2011?

From my math, for anesthesia positions offered (vs filled):
2012: 1476
2011: 1404
2010: 1385
2009: 1374

I guess there was a jump this year, although I didn't really see it.in individual programs.

I'm going to Mt Sinai as well (my #2)! So excited to be in NYC!

Congrats, we had almost the exact same ROL except I had Mt. Sinai first and BID second. I'll see you in NY in a few months!

What kind of board scores for Duke? I assume some cut-off level was used

Duke's cutoff for interviewing an IMG is 225 minimum on all parts of the USMLE. I imagine that even for American grads, it would be very difficult to match there with scores below 240. They offered 14 spots last year.

Mount Sinai!

Looks like I'll be working with a few of you come July...

I'd say but given my 500+ post history, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out who I am. Residents names/schools, etc. are listed on their website. So I will just say a solid midwest program. :)

Mount Sinai!

See some of you in a few months! Super excited!

I'd say but given my 500+ post history, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out who I am. Residents names/schools, etc. are listed on their website. So I will just say a solid midwest program. :)

surprised I've yet to hear from you on where you matched. i am happy for you nonetheless. welcome aboard and congrats!

I think I know;)

Congrats!

PS. I'm think I'm fairly easy to identify, I was recently identified by a fellow intern. It's pretty easy to identify many of the posters here.

surprised I've yet to hear from you on where you matched. i am happy for you nonetheless. welcome aboard and congrats!

Thanks and sorry man. PM on the way.

I think I know;)

Congrats!

PS. I'm think I'm fairly easy to identify, I was recently identified by a fellow intern. It's pretty easy to identify many of the posters here.

Well, I will try to put it off as long as possible. I'm not revealing my internship location either. :)

Well, I will try to put it off as long as possible. I'm not revealing my internship location either. :)

Man I gave up on anonymity a while ago, definitely makes me more accountable for my posts though. If you wouldn't mind PMing me as well I also have a few other questions for you.

Congrats everyone! Gotta say knowing a lot of 2012'ers this match is hitting closer to home.

Man I gave up on anonymity a while ago, definitely makes me more accountable for my posts though.

Haha, no doubt. I would share mine but I've got a bad case of "someone is wrong on the internet"-itis. Anyways, congrats to everyone

Thanks and sorry man. PM on the way.

Great program! Congrats and best of luck with intern year. Enjoy the time off that you have!