Where do Columbia and Mount Sinai sit in the grand scheme of things?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pili

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided at the last possible second to go to the interviews...and now am even more stuck.

Members don't see this ad.

didn't you post before that you were looking for a non-malignant program?.... In that case, I would avoid the former program you mentioned

Jamezuva said:
didn't you post before that you were looking for a non-malignant program?.... In that case, I would avoid the former program you mentioned
True, true...damn I am so confused...Why can't I think clearly these dayssssss

Members don't see this ad :)
bump

come on people, any nyc residents out there with some info? would be much appreciated.....

I would say in NYC, Columbia is clearly the top as far as reputation goes. Cornell is a distant second (primarily because of the lack of autonomy)
NYU & Mt. Sinai are a close third.
Albert Einstein lags behind the other academic programs

Columbia=NYU #1
cornell #2
Einstein= Sinai #3

Cardsman said:
I would say in NYC, Columbia is clearly the top as far as reputation goes. Cornell is a distant second (primarily because of the lack of autonomy)
NYU & Mt. Sinai are a close third.
Albert Einstein lags behind the other academic programs

the question is do you have to be in new york. if you do both are solid programs. that being said columbia has the best rep of the 5 in the city. mt sinai, cornell, and nyu are all great but unless you have to be in ny, there are better programs out there. compared to other programs in the northeast, i think columbia falls somewhere below penn and above bid.

My impression was that within the city, Columbia and Mt. Sinai now have the best reps w/the Mt Sinai residents being happier. Outside the city the ivy league name means something more. "Columbia" is a national name and if you want to leave nyc later *maybe* it would be easier from Columbia.