where do dental students get their dental work done?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pntbutter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Make friends with a dentist in private practice and have them do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try to make friends with one of the faculty members who is involved in the faculty practice at your school? You could also talk to residents of an OMFS, Perio, or other program that places implants frequently? You could also try to find someone in your class with a parent/family member who practices locally that places implants and could potentially offer you a discount?

All of these have pros/cons as I am sure you are aware.

If you get it done at your school it will bel pretty cheap or you could ask a faculty member as others suggested. They may do it for just the cost of materials....

As for other procedures, I am nervous to have students work on me...

I personally wouldn't want fellow classmates to perform the procedure, not because i don't trust them but because of lack of experience placing implants. I would however go to a our graduate perio or OMFS program, or even better find an older faculty that doesn't agree the our new policy of charging students the same price as everyone else in our clinic, and allow them to do it. The latter has worked for a few student getting their wizzies out.

If you get it done at your school it will bel pretty cheap or you could ask a faculty member as others suggested. They may do it for just the cost of materials....

As for other procedures, I am nervous to have students work on me...

I see a dentist and hygienist in the faculty practice. I pay full price (they don't give discounted care), but the quality is excellent and it's very convenient. No offense to my classmates (some of whom are very good), but I'm going to see experienced providers for a while.