Where do I find secondary questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drnima

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how is everyone doing?
I went to the schools' web site but could not find a link to their secondary application. Where can I find the type of questions that schools ask. I wanted to start on the questions so that once I get the secondaries, I can send them right away.
I heard that there was a threat with all the questions. I did a search on SDN but didn't find it.
Thanks for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

taylor92107 said:
You may want to specify what schools. Here's the link to COMP's

http://www.westernu.edu/admissions/do_application.xml

I did not specify the schools since I applied to 17 of them. Western U has their secondary app on their web site. I wish the other schools did too.
If you guys don't know the links, could you at least give me the questions they asked you on your secondaries? How long do the answers have to be?
Thanks again for the help.

My suggestions:

1. Develop a good CV: Almost every school asked for all of the things that were in my CV (and AZCOM/CCOM require a CV to be submitted). I simply re-typed what was already on my CV (including education, work history, activities, medical related experiences, honors, and non-academic interests) for most of the schools.

2. Look at each individual school's website and write down a few points about the school...what you like, what their focus is, what they are best at, etc. Most of the essay questions ask something along the line of, "Why us," "Why Osteopathic Medicine," as well as "Why should we pick you." If you have good answers for this, you will be able to write the essays without doing further research on the schools.

3. If you do not already have them ready to be sent off, get the Letters of Reccomendation together now; these letters significantly stalled me in the application process. Most schools list what LORs they require so that you can get them ahead of time. If you do not have a pre-professional comm. at your school, be prepared with at least two science faculty and one non-science faculty as well as you DO letter.

4. Western had one of the longest secondaries from what I can remember. I would be willing to bet that if you answered all of the questions on that one, that you would be able to modify answers for many of the other schools. I wrote one really good eassy and was able to change it for each individual school in only a few minutes.

Good luck with the application process. :)