Where Do I go from Here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJ0019

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm currently entering into my Junior year and plan to take Orgo 1 in the fall. The problem is that I feel as if I'm off schedule because I haven't taken physics yet.

-I have a 3.3 Cumulative and a 3.1 science GPA at the moment with a rising trend due to lack of motivation at my first school. 3.6 at new school
-Emt-b for about 2 years now, worked at a private company for 1 and at school for 1.
-Planning to start volunteering this summer at a hospital, don't know what I'll be doing yet.
-Volunteered during this semester for a Fighting Hunger Cause

I know I will need to get my GPA up for obvious reasons but what else should i mention or start adding to my app.

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Shadowing, leadership, reasearch, and maybe teaching.

Shadowing, leadership, reasearch, and maybe teaching.

Yeah that.

But the A's in classes come first. I know you already know, but the GPA is the biggest issue. You need to get past 3.5 to really be in the game. Getting 4.0s the rest of the way with a mid 30s MCAT will save you from postbac or SMP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed that GPA is a major issue. Extracurriculars and employment should not be allowed to distract you from your number one priority of getting straight As. You can always get the needed ECs, but once you finish third year, there is little chance of significant GPA repair, because you have too many credit hours for straight As to make much difference. The BCPM is especially an issue for you, so lots of upper-level science is needed to salvage it. You will not be ready to apply in a year anyway, so take your time and do it right.

Agreed that GPA is a major issue. Extracurriculars and employment should not be allowed to distract you from your number one priority of getting straight As. You can always get the needed ECs, but once you finish third year, there is little chance of significant GPA repair, because you have too many credit hours for straight As to make much difference. The BCPM is especially an issue for you, so lots of upper-level science is needed to salvage it. You will not be ready to apply in a year anyway, so take your time and do it right.

That part is what you should read, a few times just in case :)