Where do I stand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwikemartman

Thank you, come again
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just doing secondaries, trying to see where I stand...

ECs include:

working at a few summer camps for kids, including one for kids w/ autism
the usual shadowing/volunteering
pretty involved with club sports at college
year long research proj. but no co-authorship

great rec letters

Members don't see this ad.

Just doing secondaries, trying to see where I stand...

ECs include:

working at a few summer camps for kids, including one for kids w/ autism
the usual shadowing/volunteering
pretty involved with club sports at college
year long research proj. but no co-authorship

great rec letters

I think your school list is reasonable. A bit on the top heavy side, seeing as how your ECs don't exactly sound stellar, but that may be because you used the minimum number of words to describe them lol. A publication would really help at the top tier schools, since it would put you at the top of the pile in terms of research accomplishments, and it would help counteract your below average GPA. Any chance of getting a paper out in the upcoming months? Everything else looks good, you seem to have enough 'safeties.'

Everything you have appears average-ish except your MCAT which is great. Your list is pretty much perfect, in my opinion. You should be very happy with this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your great MCAT score compensates nicely for your cGPA. I think your list is top heavy, but there`s a good chance you`ll get attention from some of your picks, provided the time spent in the most critical ECs was decent (which you did not specify). One year of research seems kind of on the light side considering the research-heavy institutions that dominate your list.

your app cycle is 2010 and not 2009 btw

I just got my MCAT scores back on July 21st and ended up with: PS: 9 VR: 8 BS 13, I have a 3.98 science GPA and a 3.91 overall GPA. I ended up with a 30Q. I have some descent activities including teaching Sunday school and some restoration projects as volunteer work. I have also done around 120 hours of shadowing both DO and MD. I have also been working on an in depth research project over the past year. I was just wondering how bad my VR: 8 and PS: 9 hurt me. Also, does my BS: 13 help me? I was also wondering if the spread of my scores hurt; ranging from an 8 to a 13... dont most schools like to see a nice even spread? I do not plan on retaking the MCATs before applying and was wondering what my chances are for this application cycle. Thanks.

Last edited: