Where do pre-reqs after a bachelor's fall in the GPA calculation?

Dec 18, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi all,
So I'm considering POD school in the future, but as it stands now, I will be taking a large bulk of pre-reqs post bac, as I am graduating next year with a Medical Technology degree. I am wondering where these post-bac courses will fall in my science/undergrad gpa...I'll technically be graduated but will still be taking several pre-reqs. Thanks and best of luck everyone.

Reactions: haley.jo

Asksport

2+ Year Member
May 27, 2014
Post bacc courses will include any courses taken after you graduate and not be included in your undergraduate GPA. Of these courses, science subjects will fall under your sGPA. All taken courses are incorporated in your cGPA.

I recommend first consulting the AACPMAS FAQ.

Last edited:
Reactions: haley.jo

haley.jo

5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2013
Hi all,
So I'm considering POD school in the future, but as it stands now, I will be taking a large bulk of pre-reqs post bac, as I am graduating next year with a Medical Technology degree. I am wondering where these post-bac courses will fall in my science/undergrad gpa...I'll technically be graduated but will still be taking several pre-reqs. Thanks and best of luck everyone.
KyleV I'm in the same boat as you, are you planning on doing your pre-requisites at a CC or are you going to try & find a master's program?

haley.jo

5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2013
So far half do, I just called them today and as long as they have the labs & are regionally accredited they do. I'm waiting for a reply from the other schools.

OP
KyleV
Dec 18, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
@KyleV Interesting! Do all of the Pod schools accept online pre-reqs? I'm assuming that you are taking Physics/Bio/Chem (online)?
At this point I've taken the biology sequence and general chemistry 1. I will be retaking General chemistry 1, and plan to complete the chemistry and physics sequences -- assuming they add physics 2 by the time I get to it.

Last edited:

haley.jo

5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2013
Okay I got an answer back from all of the colleges and they all said online pre-reqs are okay as long as they are regionally accredited and have a lab portion with each pre-req. Unfortunately UNE doesn't offer labs for anatomy & physiology as far as I can tell. Other schools such as Ocean County College has an online AMP all with labs & is regionally accredited so that's an option as well.

http://www.ocean.edu/www_ocean_edu/academics/programs_of_study/science/ap_online.htm