Where do students live in Philly near Albert Einstein?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImNotBritish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got a one month rotation at Einstein in September, and I'm having a hard time finding somewhere to live. Craigslist and rotating room haven't provided much for me that is within reasonable distance by public transit/walking, since I won't have my car there. I'm getting worried about finding a place in time, and it doesn't even look like there are any hotels nearby, if worse came to worse. Does anyone have any tips for me? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You DO NOT want to live in walking distance from Einstein.... There are tons of places on rotatingroom.com in Center City. It's only a 15-20 minute subway ride from Center City to Einstein, and the subway drop you off basically a block from the hospital.

Like this place. It's literally a 3-minute walk to the Broad Street Line. Any other places around there is recommended.

Last edited:
The broad street line is right outside the hospital so you can live anywhere near a stop and be fine.

DO NOT live near the hospital. I would live south of spring garden, given the choice. If you had a car you'd have more options but there should be choices in center city. Try airbnb.

I live in abington, which is about 15 minutes north (outside of the city) from Einstein. I did 2 rotations there last year. PM me if you need any help finding stuff.