almasak

5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Im a 5th year medical student from Iran,I'de like to apply for residency somewhere in the west,I'm thinking of Canada,France and Germany.What do you suggest?Do you know which one accepts MD degrees from Iran?.I'm fluent in English but not very fluent in French.Which country is more IMG friendly?anybody has the experience from Iran applying for somewhere except US?The time spent until you are accepted for residency is also important to me.
Thanks in advance

medicinesux

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2007
Nonmedical Nirvana
Status
Attending Physician
Germany? Germany? Seriously? Babysitters make more than docs there! Why would you even consider this? Unless your name is Olga Van Hadenburger and you can't bare to part from your nanna in the former East Berlin and love eating brockwurst and wearing lederhosen, should you even consider giving this an iota of thought.

Last edited:

Giemsa

Eat some leafy greens!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2009
Under the coulter counter
Status
To apply for residency in Canada, you need to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident*.

All the details are available here:

www.carms.ca

*unless you are sponsored by your government by prior arrangement

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Canada is next to impossible for non-Canadians.

Germany is a good place to try because of the good relationship with Iran. You may also consider the UK if you are willing to work in underserved areas. Finally go to South Africa. Iran has a program with them already.

OP
A

almasak

5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Germany? Germany? Seriously? Babysitters make more than docs there! Why would you even consider this? Unless your name is Olga Van Hadenburger and you can't bare to part from your nanna in the former East Berlin and love eating brockwurst and wearing lederhosen, should you even consider giving this an iota of thought.
I've been thinkinf of Germany cus I've heard that It's much easier for Iranian young doctors to continue residency there,However wherever I choose ,I chose only for residency and I'de like to go back to Iran for work.

Apr 24, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Im a 5th year medical student from Iran,I'de like to apply for residency somewhere in the west,I'm thinking of Canada,France and Germany.What do you suggest?Do you know which one accepts MD degrees from Iran?.I'm fluent in English but not very fluent in French.Which country is more IMG friendly?anybody has the experience from Iran applying for somewhere except US?The time spent until you are accepted for residency is also important to me.
Thanks in advance
You should not even be thinking of moving to Europe except maybe UK. The residency i Germany sucks, bad pay, long hours and beside that horrible unedjucated population that think Iran, Iraq, saudi arabia and Somalia is the same country.
We have a lot of German MDs here at Karolinska (Sweden) and non of them have anything nice to say about Germany.