Where do you go to get your free credit report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carolinek83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I heard that anyone can get one free credit report from all three national credit bureaus once a year. Does anyone know the website?? Has anyone tried it and is it really free?

Members don't see this ad.

Carolinek83 said:
Hi, I heard that anyone can get one free credit report from all three national credit bureaus once a year. Does anyone know the website?? Has anyone tried it and is it really free?

i used experian thru here

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, it's actually a federal law that requires them to give you one free report a year

They try to convince you to pay for their services, like watching your report for fraud for one year and giving you your credit score and stuff like that. None of which is bad, but it is usually unnecessary. And the report itself is 100% free.

I am annoyed because my region is the last place where the law kicks in, so I don't think I can get a free one yet. I paid for mine a few months back just to make sure there were no problems since I'm entering med school but I don't plan to pay for one again.